DAYS: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

On the one hand, I think it’s nice to see couples happy but on the other hand, it does get a little boring sometimes. There’s no reason why Wendy/Tripp/Chanel/Johnny shouldn’t have their own young quad storyline. Ron and co. had the chance but they didn’t take it. I’m hoping that the scab writers find a way to bring them all together again.

Tripp and Johnny did look hot though lol

And I am liking all the hinting that Valentine’s Day this year might be pretty big in Salem.

I’m not really sure about Theresa falling off the wagon though. I don’t mind it happening or what it could lead to, but (I sound like a broken record lol) it really came out of nowhere. We should have seen Theresa struggle with it this whole time, between all the stuff with Konstantin and with Tate. We’ve never really gotten the impression that that was happening, even though she does have a lot of reasons to. There’s definitely someone on the scab team who isn’t as good as the rest. I’m gonna assume that it’s Fired Guy. 

And yeah, Brady was pretty dumb for not realizing that Jada would need a warrant

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

So I have recently done some complaining about shows teaching us about Scottish culture & other things but today I loved Tripp's nerdy doctor information about human touch & about oxytocin! 

Things are coming together, being sized up, etc. 

I even like the way that the cop shop is being written. Rafe has gained IQ points & Jada is at the top of her game. Even Harris is better under the scab writing! 

So, today was another good DAYS

• Members

I don't know... maybe this whole drug thing might be the writers' way of basically giving Theresa an out when the whole Alex paternity comes out so that perhaps she somehow escapes any amount of accountability for what she did and maybe when she does eventually get written off the show, instead of going to prison perhaps she winds up going to rehab in order to get clean and sober. I mean if that happens to be the case then it's a lazy cop out but it wouldn't surprise me at this point. 

• Members

I agree; like I said, it's a stupid, lazy cop out. Why even have her go on drugs again after what... an entire decade or so of being sober when it's more than likely going to be a short-lived story? They just as easily could've had her go on a drinking bender like Stephanie did and it would've achieved the same purpose. Damn, these writers really like making Theresa out to be so pathetic and weak, don't they? If it's so easily for Theresa to relapse then I guess it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out that Theresa actually fell back on drugs periodically during Tate's childhood. I mean, the writers are already trying to convince us that Theresa and Brady were using drugs during Tate's childhood anyway... 

• Members

2.7/10 - points for copious shots of Johnny's ba dunka dunk

So, Theresa is high as a kite, but somehow Jada knows (a) it is ecstasy and not some other drug (b) she hasn't overdosed, although she's been sober for years, and (c) the drugs are not tainted like Holly's.

How does Jada know this information? 

Also, is it romantic to realize that your teenaged stepsister's OD means that you have to appreciate every moment and propose with a high school graduation ring?  Doesn't Johnny or Chanel still have the ring from their first wedding, or is that considered tasteless?  And does this prove that Johnny never graduated from college?

Edited by j swift