DAYS: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

On the one hand, I liked that Chanel and Jada were given the opportunity to discuss racism from their perspective.  So often we see racism and homophobia stories that are only about becoming empowered in the face of being victimized.  However, both women talked about enduring issues that aren't simply resolved by punishing a single evil or ignorant person.

Yet, I think what rings hollow about today's script is that they only seem to discuss race once a year. 

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Probably.   I don't think Johnny connects any dots easily.  It was just funny the way CB delivered the dialogue.  Like, wait?  People are racist still in 2024?  I had no idea lol *shruggy shoulders**  I love you babe and that's all that matters...

• Members

I agree.

I love how we've turned Johnny into a quintessential himbo, lol.

Ron Carlivati needs to lean into that more and make Johnny basically the Chrissy Snow of Salem.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Today was a strange one.

I’m not really sure about the way Sloan was written. It almost seemed out of character for her. Her guilt over what’s happened makes sense but she’s never seemed like the type to be intimidated by anyone, not even Marlena. And what was this implication that John and Marlena could be judgmental all about? Maybe this was written around the time that the BTS troubles were reaching their fever pitch. 

I wouldn’t mind Sloan’s guilt driving her to become an alcoholic. Even though I still would have preferred her guilt driving her to sleep with Dimitri

Please register in order to view this content

And I’m not sure about Harris either. His anti-Dimera attitude seemed to come out of nowhere. Were his feelings for Ava really that deep already?

I’m glad that Alex finally apologized to Justin though. I hope we get some more insight into the way he’s been feeling. 

I’m still wondering when he even got his law degree

• Members

I always get a kick out of seeing especially actresses play drunk & this was in no way a disappointment. Sloan totally got snockered in record time & made an absolute & utter fool of herself. It made perfect sense to me that she worked herself up ahead of time worrying about the kind of impression she'd be making with Marlena & John, although, perhaps it was really just Marlena that she was worried about. She wouldn't be the first woman to be afraid of her husband's mother disapproving of her. For her part in things Marlena is just well put together & calm & unruffled & on top of all that, she's a shrink to practically the entire community. And, of course, we know that Sloan is suffering under the weight of a huge guilty conscience. She clearly was puzzled at Sloan's behavior but then so was Eric! 

I was discussing Fired Guy still being in the closing credits with someone & trying to compute. Alarr was fired on Aug. 4th & they keep 6 months of show in the can, so, counting on my fingers, that comes to Feb. 4th. @JAS0N47 does that sound right?

Yep, we could easily see Sloan slugging down wine at every opportunity! But, you've gotta give up on this Dimitri dream with him gone with no sign of a return. 

I guess I didn't take it as an anti-DiMera attitude. Don't you figure they conducted the raid based on a tip?!! They'd have had to have something like that to be able to get a search warrant. 

Absolutely! And, how brilliant of Justin to get him out of that adult jail. Rehab & group therapy & all of that is gonna be very hard on Tate but it's still so much better than the danger of his being in an adult jail. 

I figure he got a law degree to go along with an MBA, from a business point of view. 

Well, I thought today was another good DAYS

• Members

Speaking of when EJ became a lawyer, there was that time during a prior writer's strike that he forgot he was a US citizen and almost got deported, which may explain some of Johnny's himbo tendencies.

Edited by j swift