Y&R: December 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Why do some think that Nikki wasn't really drunk at the cabin with Jordan? We have seen her drinking all the vodka. Just because she had a moment of clarity and smacked Jordan doesn't mean she hadn't been drinking alcohol, especially that bottle that Jordan gave to Nikki. Maybe Nikki was pretending to be as drunk as Jordan thought she was, but we know Nikki's been drinking the booze.

I read on another site that some think Nikki has been faking the vodka-drinking all this time. I don't think that at all.

• Members

I believe Jess is open to working more and has better availability. The last few years were very hard for her as her late husband dealt with with a recurrence of cancer. She has since downsized from her ranch into a more manageable home and all of her grandchildren are no longer babies - she had been helping her children with them. 

• Members

I hope if Jess comes back full time, the costume and hair department will get serious about her styling. She was looking stunning before COVID in her cameos, and now she looks like she came off the ranch and put on a dress from the 80’s. 

This is not Jill, and it is not Jess’s fault. Of all characters, her look needs to be sharp and to the point. She is not an off the rack person and never has been. She can still pull off glamour, we saw that in the last cast photo (not the recent one) where she was looking full Jill Abbott in a slinky dress and with her hair half up. 

J. Eddie as Cole really slipped rih

J. Eddie as Cole just slipped right back in. His chemistry with Amelia as Victoria is effortless, just like their days in AMC (one of the only bright spots from her run there). But gosh, he still looks and feels like the classic soap leading man. Is it his sharp cheekbones? Or those deep set eyes that you only saw in the best of the daytime hunks (see Don Diamont)

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Indeed - this look proves that Jess remains ready for action as Jill, so long as hair, makeup, and the wardrobe department does their job.

This is probably the last time on the show where they didn't costume her as if she was styled by Chico's:

Jess has said her favourite time, style wise, for Jill was the 1990s when she was in her peplum suit era. That's all wardrobe has to do: rotate peplum suits and some decent jewelry. 

• Members

I looked him up on wikiwand. He's directed at Hollywood Heights, at GH, at GH:Night Shift & here. 

So, back when I stumbled on Colleen's new/then podcast with Dano she talked about the day they had just taped & said it would air on 12-26, which was yesterday, and, oh boy, what a day it was! Did you see all that stage combat?!! WHOA. It was as good as GH last year with Ava & Esme & that parapet! Do you think CZ & MTS had stunt doubles?

Also, dialog, superb. Everything at the cabin! All of the Newman family in support. Even the "idiot son". (I have a feeling that is gonna stick.) 

So, I am guessing that yesterday Nikki was faking being drunk, right? No, not any other time, just yesterday. 

I am now a happy camper soap fan newbie! The writing, directing & acting is very fine as of yesterday. 

Please register in order to view this content

For now, I'll be sticking around. My watching schedule is this, The Doctors, GH & DAYS. (I'm also watching JULIA & I cannot get over how incredible Judith Light has been!)