DAYS: December 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Today was… ehhh.

Hopefully, when we reach the episodes that were written solely by scab writers, they’ll be less obsessive prop writing.

Leo just needs to die.

Alex is another character that gets the obsessive writing as well. I think I actually would have liked his and Stephanie’s scenes if there wasn’t an agenda at play. Crazy how this team gets tired of some characters and storylines so quickly, but these two clowns are still shoved down our throats.

I’m still Team Chad, even though he overreacted today about Alex and Stephanie. He really is the best example of what a gray character should be. 

Steve’s scenes were the best part of today, both with Stephanie and with Jada.  I liked him encouraging Stephanie not give up, and also him and Jada remembering Marcus. That’s the way that you use history.

And btw, Dimitri’s gone? Just like that? I’m sure we’ll see him again but damn lol 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I didn't dislike today. Well, Leo, Alex, goes without saying. But ignoring them, I am over the moon with Patch & Stephanie and then Patch & Jada. Finally! 

And, about Leo dying, him & Alex, too, please! 

One more thing. They should have found a way, not hard, to show a pic. So, I will. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
more

• Members

I don't dislike Stephanie or anything, but I just don't find her compelling enough to have three men chasing her.  She's nice and pretty, but I don't find her to have any distinct personality traits.  Someone like Jada is much more interesting and gets half the screen time.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

5.5/10, I thought Tuesday was better than Monday.

I appreciate for all the kerfuffle around the disrespect for female characters in the writing, that Nicole is not being treated as a raving lunatic (yet, because I saw the spoilers).  It was a unique touch to have EJ support her, and the scene at Eric's place was nice.  Kind of weird though that Eric and Sloan are walking around like business as usual.  We just welcomed a baby in our family and his parents didn't leave the house, shower, or eat a proper meal for a week!

Also, props to remembering that Eric and Jada were a thing.  I've been wondering about her reaction, and it was delightful to close that loop, especially since she was the cop that arrested Leo at the scene of the birth.  I think mid-week episodes are perfect for that kind of scene, which essentially summarize the story, but through a pairing of characters that don't usually interact.

Furthermore, I continue to like Chad.  It is a credit to the actor that I don't find conventionally attractive, and whose motives are childlike, that I keep wanting to see more of that character. 

Now, here's the thing I don't get.  Dimitri had immunity for the whole caper on Beyond Salem.  It's not like probation, where one false move, and they send you back to jail.  So, why is he going to supermax now?  It seems like a convenient way to extend the baby switch plot, but now Leo's got nothing on Sloan, if Dimitri can't testify about the baby.  So, I don't see how he's much of a threat?  On the other hand, if they wrote Sloan as an intelligent person, she would've known that getting rid of Dimitri was her best move. So, she could've tanked the negotiation to get him sent away, and she should be working on making Leo beholden to her ASAP.

Lastly, I'm totally confused as to the purpose of making Dimitri's final scene with Lucas, considering that it meant nothing if Dimitri was going to be moved off-screen the next day.

Edited by j swift

• Members

True.  Stephanie's entire story is juggling these men.  She doesn't have friends, she doesn't have interesting conflicts with her family or anyone else.  She's basically just 3 men's prize to win.  Stephanie needs more an edge or something.  Or one or two of these men need to drop out.

• Members

I also rewound looking for the punch I know I didn't see. Is it possible that it looked super phoney in editing and they decided to omit it? Maybe no fight choreographer was on hand so they only shot the aftermath?

Did Jada ever mention an ex-husband before the Everett reveal? I don't recall. All I remember is her coming across as pretty thirsty for a man when she first came to town. Am I forgetting the detail that she was rebounding?

I found it curious that they'd cast a guy who could certainly be a slightly younger Johnny recast as Tate. Maybe I'm looking too much into it, but the choice has grown on me in terms of Holly. It makes some interesting comments on the ideas of a. not realizing what's right in front you, and b. how the heart wants what the heart wants and no degree of superficiality can change that.

• Members

Today was actually pretty good, despite there being a strange obsession with socks

Please register in order to view this content

But finally, a Stephanie/Jada scene!

I liked it. The actresses seem to play off each other well and it’s always good to get a friendship scene between characters. It was the right decision to have Stephanie’s ex and Jada’s ex be the same person. That opens up this storyline to so many more possibilities. Also, some people may disagree lol but Harris being a part of this storyline, and to an extension Stefan/Ava, could be good as well.

And finally, a Theresa/Tate scene. And just like I’m sure we all suspected, it was lousy. EOB’s Theresa did not come off as  Tate’s mother at all. She came off more like the uninterested, gold digging stepmother lol It just seems so out of character, especially since we were told for years that Theresa was pretty much  raising Tate all on her own and was devoted to him. If they were gonna go this route, they should’ve at least had Theresa say that she was stepping back a little on raising Tate now that Brady is playing a bigger part in his life. 

Btw, Shane and Kim were married three times? I thought it was only twice. 

Brady/Tate was a good parent-child scene though. Brady seems to be doing what he can in order to show Tate that he does care, while also trying to help him stay on the straight and narrow and I like that. It’s a good dilemma for Brady… and it finally keeps him away from Kristen.

I wonder if anything’s gonna happen now that Brady gave Tate his credit card. It could lead to some kind of conflict for him and Holly. 

And idk why but I enjoyed Stefan/Ava today as well, even though I’m not liking their storyline at the moment and Clyde needs to die. But it may actually improve if that happened lol. And with Ava calling Stefan Jake today, it seems like they may be going with some kind of transference storyline and I actually don’t mind that. 

One thing though, since Days is written and taped so far ahead, they really should cut out any pop culture references. Does anyone still stream Mrs. Davis?

Yeah.

It was mentioned from the beginning that she had been divorced.

• Members

John and Marlena are this show’s centerpiece super couple and they barely air. Hopefully that changes once Janet’s production begins to air. 

Out of the current crop of characters who would you cut? I’d get rid of Stephanie, Patch, Kayla, Tripp, Wendy, EJ, Ava, Harris, Rafe, Sarah, Xander, Brady, Maggie, Roman, Chad, and Alex. 

Yeah that’s a lot but there are plenty of characters they could bring back and plenty of kids to SORAS like Noah and Sydney.