Y&R Promo: Nick's breaking point

• Members

That’s a huge admission for you. You don’t like much about these current shows aside from the torso parade lol. Or at least you don’t say it.

They almost salvaged Sally with the Adam pairing, but JG said nope! Nothing on this show should actually work. Let me fûck this [!@#$%^&*] up.

It’s actually impressive how badly they messed her whole tenure up when her story could have written itself. She could have been a scrappier, street-fighter version of how they are now writing Audra. She’s the freakin’ namesake of Darlene Conley’s character!

But from the poorly written Jack story with the enormous age gap they never addressed, to the asinine Summer rivalry where she actually got Summer *a better job* yet was still subjected to humiliation day after day from Phyllis and the rest of the town, to the stupid rivalry with Chelsea, to her dumb WTD story, it’s been a disaster. 

Edited by Faulkner

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Oh god you just reminded me of how awful the writing for Sally has been from the start. I had completely erased the relationship with Jack which for whatever reason, the huge age gap was never addressed. 

Sally and Adam were truly great and they ruined them as fast as they put them together. Josh then has spent the better part of the year having Sally basically detest Adam until she randomly likes him for a day. And it’s supposed to be compelling story. Not to mention Adam and Nick continuing this weird [!@#$%^&*] where they must screw the same women forever.

• Members

I think part of the problem is that JG writes out of his @ss and didn’t have a plan for Sally (or for Jack or Phyllis at the time). Maybe he was also waiting for stars to line up to tell the Diane story (although he seems to have lost the thread there as well).

I wonder how much CBS wanted to hold on to CH after her B&B tenure ended. They likely issued a firm “suggestion” she move to Y&R, and the Jack romance/Summer-Phyllis rivalry/Theo friendship is what JG scrapped together, all things that are rarely referenced now.

Edited by Faulkner