Days of Our Lives: October 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Wait a minute, wait just a doggone minute. Clyde? They are about to write him back into story to such a degree that months ago he was free & he somehow got Susan the night of the wreck/cliff & took Susan to ENGLAND?!!! & gave her to Edmund Crumb?!! How outrageous is that? 

People are saying that what we are seeing now is some of the stuff that AA made all the decisions on. If that is true, I hate him all over again & possibly even more & I can't wait to get past this. 

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So for how throwaway they're written, I thought the Philip, Chloe, and Shawn exits were fine . . . but they were obviously rushed and didn't include all the characters they should've.

Using Philip as a tool to usher Chloe off was . . . idk.  I actually really appreciate Chloe--during Dena Higley Round II (when she was with Lucas, then Daniel), I thought she was hilarious . . . like a total sex bomb parody of a soap heroine/vixen(??).  But then it devolved into madness with the prostitution and Vivian/Quinn and she has been aimless for the last 12 years, with Nicole being her only consistent thread (their absolute best respective relationship lol).  Since she's been such a familiar presence, it is incredible that they have not been able to really tether the character firmly to the canvas.  I am so relieved that this iteration of Broe vs. Phloe is over, though; I've never wanted EM's Brady with her, as their messy divorce was an unexpectedly great moment in their through-lines.  But Chloe should have absolutely gotten goodbye scenes with Nicole (and Shawn & Belle).

JPL has been SOOO much better as Phil this time around, but this is another untethered character following JKJ's disastrous return (still can't believe he didn't return to memorialize John Aniston, though).  This was nice closure, though.  I wish they gave him more time with the Ks and a scene AK's Stephanie would've been fun.  I'm very relieved he got some time with MM's Belle.

Shawn's exit was solid.  However, this is a story we should be seeing ON SCREEN!  This is really compelling drama!  But it is criminal that he such an afterthought . . . he should be front-burner and after all these years, I think BB is absolutely Shawn and he's hot af.  It speaks volumes that they didn't get Susan Hayes for this eppy or like any vets.  But his scenes with Belle were so solid and I think BB & MM have a very nice, familiar chemistry and they're always at their best with this kind of hurt and angsty material.

But, ya, bye bye Last Blast kids . . .

• Members

I found a draft of Kate's letter of recommendation for Harris

Please register in order to view this content

Dear Jada,

I'm writing to note my recommendation for Harris What's-him-name to join the Salem PD.  I employed him to kill my former captor, and I found him to be very professional, even though he allowed someone to brainwash him for the second time this year.  But, I'm sure he won't let it happen again.  Also, I know that I have poor taste in men, given that I've dated two guys who abused their daughters, but I vouch for the guy as a mensch.  Please let him be a cop, but don't put him in a uniform, because the hat would mess up his carefully spiked hair.

All the best,

Kate Roberts Kiriakis Brady Dimera Brady

PS, please go easy on my former step-son/lover EJ, we've both hired hitmen, but we're just trying to provide jobs in this depressed economy.

Edited by j swift

• Members

What is Harris going to do at the Salem PD?  Answer phones?  lol.  He can't solve cases or be an actual cop without going to an academy.  Could you imagine the legality of him actually helping?

I have actually always wondered what happened to all the criminals RoJohn arrested.  Wouldn't they all have grounds to appeal their sentences since John wasn't actually a cop or Roman?

• Members

Good episode… that was ruined by Clyde.

Seriously, nobody asked for this. Nobody asked for him to be a potential spoiler for Ava and Harris. No point or purpose to this at all. I thought we were done with the Westons lol 

I liked Xander and Sarah though. Those scenes were really good until Mean Sarah came out again. But at the same time, I’m glad that the custody suit is back on. Let the war between the two of them continue for a while. 

Chad and Stephanie’s scenes were good too, but Chad’s memories of Abigail seem sudden and random. I know it’s her birthday, but they really seemed go from nothing to everything in just the span of an episode. Like with many other storylines on Days lately, that should have been the storyline from the very beginning. Or at least should have  always been in the background of Chad and Stephanie’s storyline with Alex, that way today would’ve made more sense. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Every exchange until we got to Clyde was sharp, snappy dialog. I actually forgot how much I hate Clyde's accent & the way he whines & wheedles. And I hate that he had that creep cut Tripp. Also how can he be so omnipotent when all he has is a tablet & a subscription to some news service. 

• Members

It's incredible how Clyde is responsible for the death of one of the show's legacy characters(Abby), and before the recast, he also was responsible for EJ's "death". The show just keeps bringing him back, and it really doesn't seem like his character gets punished. 

Edited by MichaelGL