B&B September 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Let me just say I am not the one who started comparing actors and talent. It started in the previous thread and when it got to the offensive statement about RM I intervened. It was in comparison to Tanner that dragonflies called Ronn Moss a footnote and said that Tanner is a throwback to OG stars.  

If you ask me...  they are similar in the talent department. Tanner for me is very wooden as BoldRestless said. He has 2 expressions on his face and that is all. But he is also not leading most of the time and I see him in very little transformative scenes. He has had only one more major thing with acting required so far and it was still very wooden. Ronn Moss got better with time back in the day. He had some good moments but overall could not get a lot of emotion across too. Ronn Moss is just iconic with the way he became a star in Europe. People are mad for him in Italy, Greece and etc.

Tanner I don't think will have that durability as a TV presence and actor. That's just my opinion. To me he is very similar to other low to mid level soap actors and will probably in few years just fade out of the profession since he is not that gifted as an actor. He could do some commercials for fitness or underwear or teeth health... I think... since he is a pretty man. But that's all. I don't see a star here. Hate me for it but I don't see it.

Ronn on the other hand with the little talent he had... probably had some lucky star in his life... to become so iconic and recognizable with just this role of Ridge... is amazing. I really never liked him when I grew up, but with time I appreciated him and I think NOBODY could play Ridge but him. To recast was one of the biggest mistakes Brad has made.  

• Members

Same here. I don't know why I watched.

The Sheila stuff is beyond repetitive, and I have no idea what Deacon sees in her as a person or as an object of physical desire.

BOLD feels like it's written by AI that's generated in a system engineered by tech failures.

I will say that RJ was looking like a snack today in that tight black t-shirt. I liked his hair, too.