• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Preach it @divinemotion!

I don't like the character of Ridge. I think he is a jerk, always has been. Both actors who played him are terrible. Ronn Moss at least was funny/fun to watch and embodied the character perfectly. Thorsten Kaye doesn't even look or act like what the character of Ridge is supposed to be. 

Regardless of my feelings, there is no doubt that Ridge has been the catalyst of the show for nearly the entire run. We followed Ridge's story with Caroline from day 1. Ridge's point of view, Ridge's feelings, Ridge's actions were central. Ridge was in the major love triangle that started when Taylor joined and continues to this day! The show made a controversial decision to recast because they felt they couldn't do without this character. I disagree, but he's very very important to Bradley Bell. The show completely revolves around Ridge, Ridge's job, Ridge's children, Ridge's opinions, Ridge's love life. The other Forrester kids and all the Logan kids except Brooke have fallen off the radar completely. Ridge and Brooke are the center of the show, like that or not. 

• Members

You know what. I GET it know. You've actually managed to convince me otherwise with your smart responses and insight. I was wrong all along.

Ridge would clearly be a footnote if he was only played by Ronn Moss. How did I not get that sooner. How could I be so ridiculous to say that he was the star of the show, since he was not. I am so stupid, right. Maybe it is the hard on, maybe it is that I am getting older and a footnote myself.  But now I get it. Because what did you write, since my reading and comprehension are so bad... that he was so NOT memorable. I agree. Ronn Moss was so not memorable, he looked like every other guy and people would just see him on the street and WOULD never recognize him... and this is the reason he played Ridge for 25 years.  Who was Ronn Moss?  I do not remember. Do you even remember him?

But do you know what I remember and what I will never forget? You know it. The throwback to the OG stars that is who? Tanner Novlan. Every time I see his chest or abs I am thrown back into classic OG stars mode and I appreciate this GOD created character and GENIUSLY played hero. Can we agree on something? Because you know what, he is the HERO of the show and he will NEVER be a footnote. He left a mark so big that after 20 years people will skip the show and the first 35 years just to start with his first scene. Everyone else will just be a footnote. I want to apologize that I DARED to copy your smart analysis from the previous thread. I now realize I should not protest something that is so smart and so deep. I think you can appreciate my apology and the way I spoke. I have decided to try to talk on your level so you can understand me better. Since you told me I cannot read, I have tried to up my game. Thank you again for your wonderful and mature comments and insight. You will never be a footnote in this forum. 

Edited by divinemotion

• Members

Ridge would have gone the way of Taylor after HT left this last time if TK weren't in the role keeping the character RELEVANT to the show. Taylor was ready to fade away till they recast with Krista. 

I would hope ridge isn't the same character when RM cause that version was AWFUL, at least TK's version has put kids first over Brooke's vagina, RM's version never did

Yep you can "Preach" all you want divine motion, still doesn't make you right lol!

Hey @Jeffsomething good to read

https://www.tumblr.com/sprinastan/723783230156947456/the-problem-with-sinns-storyline

and with that I'm done talking about it cause divine motion was clearly spoiling for a "fight" and when he didn't get it played victim 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I am just making sure. Are we really talking about whether Ron Moss or Tanner Novlan is the better actor?  Let’s just leave it at - it’s a close race.  Ridge - yes unfortunately an original important character - Ron Moss is lucky he ever had a job.  Bibberty traded up from commercials and will probably be in many many many lifetime movies. He’s Taylor Lautner-esque and I wouldn’t bet on any Oscar worthy stuff. 

• Members

The person that doesn't let it go is you dragonflies. I have nothing against you and DID not ever want to start a fight. I just wanted to say my opinion. I felt that what you said was WRONG and pretty much denied the whole show's history.

Now you continue to act like a child and want the last word and act like you won an argument, when you didn't SAY ONE word that defended your original post that = Ridge would be a footnote if only Ronn Moss played him, because he is so not memorable. Defend you words with arguments, please. Explain how Ridge played by Ronn Moss would be just a footnote.

You have tried to spin it further from this absurd false statement, and fight for everything else but NOT this, because everyone here said pretty much the same as me and agreed with me. And now you can't even recognise this and you act like everyone is agreeing with you... using infantile gifs and LOL-ing in every post. How mature of you. One of the main characteristics of an intelligent person is when they can admit they are wrong. There are people that can't do that. Google what this means. Since you said I can't read.

Again... you are probably a sweet person... since I don't see how anyone with your obvious high level of intelligence can not be sweet. Just know that when you make STATEMENT like that about a famous actor that played in a famous show for 25 years... in a forum full of people that have been watching for decades... there would be people that would come to disagree. Know that. What did you expect... Here is truly evident who tried to start a fight and wanted the fight to continue. And that's you. And if you have free time to do so... I don't. 

Ronn Moss or Ridge played by Ronn Moss will never be a footnote, sweetheart. If he was... people like you would never even write about him.

And for people commenting on actor's talent. I agree with all of you. But know that I never talked or defended talent. Ronn Moss is not the best actor. Tanner Novlan is at similar level and I suspect that this is what triggers dragonflies and makes them write false statements like they did about Ronn Moss. It's the hidden embarrassment that their own favorite is not that good.

Let me summarize, I did not start a fight, I did not tell anyone that he is ridiculous first... or that anyone is drooling or having a hard on, I did not get that low... I just stood up because a person said that Ronn Moss did basically nothing for the character of Ridge. And he would only be a footnote if TK did not come to play him. I will never let someone utter lies like that and not come to say something. I am not living in Russia.

PS... dragonflies you continue your strange statements now saying that when played by Ronn Moss, Ridge was a worse character. Here everyone WILL tell you that this is complete BS. When Ronn Moss played that character he was written by a genius called William Bell. If you don't know who that is... look him up. The new Ridge is written by this genius's son. His name will become a footnote in this shows's history someday as the person who destroyed Bold with bad writing. 

So I am astonished how you can compare the character back then and now and say that now is better. Also remember something every important - AN actor doesn't make a character not care about, in your words, Brooke's vagina. THE WRITER DOES. So you should probably say Bill Bell had a worse Ridge... Not that Ronn Moss was a worse Ridge. Do you understand how your statement again is so senseless?

But again you seem to have you own logic that doesn't fit with the world and everyone else's opinion. Good for you... but again... don't expect for everyone to stay silent while you bash a legend and then act like you are attacked or provoked. 

Have a great day.

Edited by divinemotion

• Members

I honestly don't know what to say when someone says Ronn Moss and Tanner Novlan are a close race in the acting department. RM was always laughable, while TN is a solid actor. A diss like "I wouldn’t bet on any Oscar worthy stuff" seems pretty unfair since soaps are hardly the place to expect any of that.

Speaking of Ronn Moss, the debate here is borderline hilarious. I had no idea that Ronn Moss posts could be so long and detailed, and filled with so much outrage. LOL

• Members

If RM wasn't considered an asset to B&B, he would've been recast during the early seasons the same way Judith Baldwin (Beth), Clayton Norcross (Thorne) and Ethan Wayne (Storm).

B&B was hardly timid about recasting during the early season or simply shipping off characters that didn't work as planned (Donna, Katie, Felicia).

The show could use a major creative reboot. For example, Brooke should be more like Stephanie at this point. She should take over FC and have a few kids living with her. Almost a recreation of the original Forrester household, except with Ridge and Brooke in the roles of Eric/Stephanie. The show's strength was built on everyone living and working together. It was unrealistic even back then that adult kids would live in the mansion, but it worked. Maybe give JMcC a dignified final exit like SF.

The show needs something because it has been a terrible mess since the ill-conceived Finn/Steffy shooting. Except for a few moments like the Monaco reunion, the show has been largely unwatchable.

• Members

Ronn Moss will always be Ridge to me. Thorsten has never been Ridge. He is a totally different character and terribly miscast.

But comparing RM to TN acting wise is ridiculous. TN is a much better actor than Ronn. Ronn was cringeworthy bad.

Please register in order to view this content