B&B August 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Toups pinned this topic
  • Members

I wondered if Sheila had saved Steffy from death yet, or her mother again, or Finn....or someone, anyone.  Then I read the recaps.  Yep, there it is.  Because.....ya gotta dumb down everything for Sheila.  

It's a shame Finn wasn't a more attentive parent.  Because he's only a doctor, he doesn't understand needing to put the phone away and tend to your children.  This is all very plausible.  That....you'd take your kid to the beach and pay little attention to them, especially with your deranged mother on the loose who has a long history of stealing things or people, stalking, murder accusations....definitely shot some people....and, need I say more?

I said months ago - it's only a matter of time until Finn can't "protect Steffi and the family" from his mother.  Then, Steffy and Finn will be done, kaput, etc.....and hopefully Sheila will really kill him off this time.  He's nice to look at, but a total throwaway character like Ivy, Flo, Shauna, et al.  

• Members

LMAO he's far from "throw away" character. I never saw the kind of fan support for Ivy, Shauna or Flo that FINN has, especially after he "died" last year

Finn and Steffy are far from over. People don't know what angst is? 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Yeah Finn has been a character who has been front burner for 3 years now and is popular unlike the duds that were Ivy, Flo, and Shauna. 

Well I do have to appreciate Finn’s honesty and upfrontness about the beach incident whereas Liam & Steffy have been going behind everyone’s back and in Liam’s case underhanded tactics. Makes the Lame one even look worse. 

Maybe I can hold out for Sheila killing Liam?

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Yep, so much so that when he "died" last year, there was as SAVE FINN movement going on on various social media sites, even BOLD Producer Casey was shocked by the backlash to Finn dying. SOD even commented their mail bag was full of "Save Finn" letters too

Shauna & Flo leave & no one bats an eye, and Ivy too

Plus SINN is the show's most popular couple, so yeah lol 

• Members

It's funny that people think Finn is above what they're going to do to him.  They'll toss him to the Sheila wolves just like every other character.  The show at this point HAS to be about Sheila.  They're stuck.  So you will be getting more of stupidity.  Finn will be reduced to a screetching school girl.  Because why?  Sheila.

• Members

A lot of the manufactured and accelerated tension with SINN is directly tied to JMW's *annual* leave.

The other 3 existing shows currently include at least 2 characters each that have committed similar crimes, including murder. Yet, those characters have been incorporated into the fabric of the show. Most of those characters did spend time in jail as part of the road back.

If Thomas can 'put in the work' to be a cleansed man through two weeks of intensive therapy, give Sheila six weeks. Instead of burning through tons of story, have Sheila view this chance with Finn + Deacon as incentive to fight her demons. Have Finn meet his 5 siblings, etc. create that conflict with Steffy, but have them work through it as a couple - anything to avoid Steam!

Spiking Brooke's drink - like Quinn before her - shouldn't have gotten us to the alley.

• Administrator

Is he though?  What part of his character tells us that he would never turn his back on a kid at the beach?   It's almost like Finn fans can't accept that he is capable of doing something really stupid.  You want him to be perfect?  That's boring.   I've been enjoying these last couple of episodes because this is the most interesting Finn/Steffy have been.  I really like this conflict.  This is the type of family drama that's fun to watch, IMO.