Ten Dept. Stores will be renamed Macy's in 2006

Max

• Members

The closest Macy's to me is in this crappy mall 10 minutes away. We had a few Lord and Taylor's, but they were all closed. Ironically, the one that was closed in Providence turned into Filene's Men's Dept. (two floors of men's clothing, accessories, etc.), and now it's turning into a Macy's.

There are a lot of Filene's stores here though. I saw the signs about them renaming them when I went to the mall last time. I still can't believe that they bought them out. :( They used to have Filene's basement sales, which were always super. The one in Boston is the best, but there's one near my neighborhood that's nice too.

Once a year in Boston they'd have sales on wedding dresses, and they'd have news cameras there to show women going absolutely crazy and manhandling one another over bridal dresses. They'd have $3,000 Ralph Lauren wedding dresses marked down to $300, and $500 Chanel bags marked down to $50. It's absolutely absurd.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We have a Foley's about 30 minutes away from here. I don't go there too often but I do like the place. Foley's has the Red Apple sale that I will really miss.

I really like Macy's. I think it will be nice to have one so close by. I have never noticed a problem with unclean stores or bad service at the Macy's stores that I've visited.

• Members

They haven't replaced my old L.S. Ayres card with a new Macy's card, yet. Even though I received notification that they would weeks ago.

One change that I don't like so far is that my store stopped selling my favorite cologne, Lucky You.

Archived