Days: July 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

They've dropped the ball really badly with both Holly and Parker. Does Nicole even remember that Holly's lurking somewhere around that DiMera mansion? I know it's tough to use child performers much, and I suspect they're keeping Parker's age vague  on purpose, but it makes Nicole and Chloe both look so awful.

• Members

Yeah, I could see GT as Billie.  I don't think she's bad or anything I just don't understand why she's at the top of people's casting lists for so many roles on soaps.  I would never think she would be a good fit for Sami, for example, as people suggested.

Anyway, today was an awful show lol.  The Abe in Body and Soul was just a waste of airtime.  I can't believe Marlena and Belle are just cool with Kristen getting what she wants through kidnapping lol.  

• Members

That would be fun! I think they initially had that in mind during her 2012-13, but It was obvious they didn't know what to do with Her! It must have been a pity seeing Lisa Rinna being there for nearly a Year with Nothing to do, since Bo left The Show and all! 

Here's some Kelly Cramer to You!

https://archive.org/details/joeyandkelly

@carolineg here's some GT to You Kelly:

Please register in order to view this content

Phyllis: https://archive.org/details/phyllis_summers

Dinah: 

• Members

In an alternate universe where the show wasn't littered with recasts of various talent levels playing characters who exhibit little or no resemblance to their prior selves, I could actually see GT as Sami more than as Billie. 

The age thing would bother me with Billie, I think, even though I know GT was really young for Phyllis, too. But we just saw Lisa Rinna (who's 60) as Billie in 2021. Gina isn't  even 50 yet. It would feel glaring.

Actually... GT as Cassie?

• Members

Probably because she did stuff of legend: found Success As A Recast Twice and The Role She created couldn't be properly recast! (WITH ALL THE DUE RESPECT TO TRACY MELCHIOR AND HEATHER TOM!), but As I previously stated, I really don't see Sami being recasted, or Gina Stepping on A legacy role like that again after her Y&R FIRING! 

Thanks for the heads up! I won't even try to watch it! I do my soapy time on weekends so I always for skipping the bad stuff, and to think I initially found B&S entertaining

, I think this shows the problem with soaps is they no longer take themselves seriously! We're seeing 1 Soap Opera Showing a Soap Opera Parody nearly daily! Compare that to One Life to Live and Fraternity Row! 

if She doesn't look much older than Rex since they are twins, that's a lovely idea! I have been rooting for Cassie to come back to the screen for a long time, and if we can't have Alexis Thorpe, Gina would be FINE! I found it hilarious when I first saw the Twins Saga how much more interesting I found Cassie over Rex and yet He was the one reintroduced to the screen!

You can say that again! This may be old but is still accurate

BTW Did we Forgot All About Krista Allen and Julie Pinson??? Billie Age is A Mistery! So

• Members

Thanks for posting the image, that is EXACTLY what I thought about; them walking hand in hand in HTS back in '12 or early '13. 

I didn't like Krista originally, but she's kicking ass as NuTaylor on B&B. Julie Pinson? Meh.... totally forgettable.  

Now that Bo/Hope are mostly gone, Billie can break from their orbit and be involved with someone else. Whenever Rinna was in the role, they pushed Billie back to that. 

• Members

I think it would be easier to de-age Billie now especially with Bo/Hope off the canvas for the time being.  Rinna and Muldoon always seemed a little old to be Kate's (especially LK's Kate) kids.  Plus, I do think Billie was supposed to be a lot younger than Bo.  She was Austin's younger sister when introduced. 

And I honestly didn't mean to derail this thread by talking about GT lol.  I honestly don't have strong feelings about her either way, more indifference.  I know she's good and well liked, but I don't think clips are going to change my mind.  Thanks for those though!  I will take a look.  

• Members

March 9, 2012; It's on my pile of "To Save" on My Vault, but I think I'll delete it because it's only 360p, most of those 2012 Episodes are 720p.

I Hated Krista's Billie because She Was down right Nasty (But Enjoy her Taylor), Julie For me was interesting because she seemed more complex, but that's a question of Opinion.

With the exception of her 2018 return, When Bo Was Dead and she was there for like a week on ISA Business.

You're Most Welcome! I think I just found out I'm a hard-core Fan of Hers! I put my stash at risk to defend her!

True! I didn't say she was bad, only out of character! 

Truer! Kelly was Her Worse and She was still good at that