Days: June 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Well, Marlena and Kayla look just like soap stars on Body and Soul so maybe they wouldn't bat an eye with a Lexi lookalike.  I absolutely agree about RJ making this better.  I just don't think she acts at all anymore and has no desire to come back even for a little bit.   I just wish the show would explain why Nurse Whitley wants Abe?  For money?  Loneliness?  Has she harbored a crush on him for years?  None of it makes a bit of sense to me. 

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It doesn't make any sense to me either, @carolineg.  Maybe an explanation as to why Synclaire, I mean, Whitley was so obviously obsessed with Abe that she kidnapped him is forthcoming.  At the moment, however, the fact that we know nothing about her motivations makes this story even more bizarre than it is already for me.

• Members

I, mean, it would take all of 1 scene to explain she kidnapped the mayor with a rich wife for ransom to get her out of debt or has known Abe for years from a far and always was infatuated him, or is somehow Lexie's half sister on Celeste's side.  Anything!   Right now she's risking her freedom, job, and spending more money to feed two people for no discernible reason.   And what's the end game?  To keep Abe for herself forever?   Whitley seems like a competent nurse who doesn't appear to be anything more than eccentric or at least not criminally insane.   She also seems to have kidnapped Abe on the spur of the moment.  I think this story is absolutely idiotic, but it would be nice to have anything from Synclaire Whitley's perspective to round this out even a little bit. 

• Members

I'm actually not minding the Abe kidnapping thing as much as I've minded... 75% of what we've had to watch over the last year, but I do agree that I'd like to understand Whitley's motivation and plan better. I'm a little nervous that "lonely cat lady but they're all stuffed cats" is supposed to be shorthand for "she's crazy and that's your explanation!"

I liked a lot of today's episode, though. It wasn't incredible or groundbreaking, but there was a heart to it that was nice to see. 

• Members

I see they’re trying very hard to make us like Leo. They really aren’t going to let this character go no matter what. 

I can see why Gwen is so enamored with Dimitri though. He is quite the charmer. And he looked good today too

Please register in order to view this content

Peter Porte does seem to have good chemistry with his scene partners and that’s one of the things that’s making this storyline interesting. 

The Julie/Eli/Gabi/Stefan fight was unnecessary. I thought we were passed all that crap. I can’t believe they rushed through so much storyline just to have Gabi/Stefan do absolutely nothing. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I hate to say it, but even finding out that Whitley is on Megan's payroll and that Megan has paid her to brainwash Abe would be welcome at this point, lol.  I'm just afraid that, down the line, we're going to get a scene where Abe bumps into Marlena or Kayla and mistakes them for characters on his "favorite soap opera."  (Again, DAYS, this is how you treat one of your few, Emmy-winning veterans?)

• Members

I would take even a stupid explanation over none. Even if Abe looked like a character on Body and Soul it would make more sense.  I'd still probably complain over said stupid explanation, but the entire lack of perspective or reasoning for this Whitley character is just laziness.  The crazy cat lady excuse isn't going to cut it because it falls under eccentric not a break from reality.  She explained that she's allergic to cats and appears to know these cats are stuffed even if she talks to them.   She seems to be highly functioning by going to work, doing chores, and knowing that was she is doing is wrong and illegal.  I just need to know why she is doing this lol

• Members

I just joined their Rewards program, but nothing there mentions Peacock subscriptions. The on;y email I've received said they're offering another 2 free years to Comcast subscribers enrolled in a more expensive plan. I'm already paying $228. monthly for their Triple Play -- with no premium channels -- so I'm not doing that.