2023 Writers + Actors Strike Thread

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think she's fudging the timeline in her head slightly (the WGA strike hit onscreen in early '08), but I remember well all the onscreen antics she mentions that I think were part of the Killing Club mess. I also recall them openly auditioning Natalie recasts.

As I said in the OLTL thread, FV's casual disinterest in the entire thing and in her value reminds me a lot of what I have heard about him re: contact negotiations many times. Same with the Zimmer story that came up in another thread. FV presents as an iceman but if something gets under his skin (William deVry, Forbes March IMO) it stays there.

• Members

Like many other actors at OLTL and GH, FM claimed Frank promised him the moon when his contract was getting ready to come up then froze him out when it came time. I always got the impression Frank had little time for Forbes' frankly extra ass plus his vocal outbursts about story (I had little patience for him myself but for different reasons). He allegedly couldn't stand WDV at GH for similar reasons, and him also having issues with Zimmer who is not known for being a shrinking violent tracks as well. Though Kim is the only one of the three I like. But super extra actors are not the only ones who've told these contract/re-up stories about Frank at all.

Edited by Vee

• Members

oh, ouch... that sucks for March, but he wasn't all that, any way, haha. William deVry and Kim Zimmer are the only two I like, but it would also possibly explain why Zimmer isn't on General Hospital, despite it being the soap she watches. 

Please register in order to view this content

I love that Zimmer has never held back; I miss dames like that. Her, Jeanne Cooper, etc.

• Members

Thank you for posting that @Vee

People forget FV began his career as Paul Rauch’s assistant, and Paul was well known for playing hardball even when soaps were rolling in cash. And he also pushed out people that questioned story or spoke out.  He and Frank both had issues with Robin Strasser who is outspoken to say the least.  I was kind of surprised we saw Nora on GH, because HBS openly critiqued the network and Frank’s production mode at OLTL.

Look at the Genie Francis debacle of a couple years ago- she’s on the show with a contract and a central role because what is left of the soap fandom turned harshly on FV and ABC for trying to force her to go recurring and essentially firing her. And again, she’s one who has said every time she is not going to be on General Hospital unless under contract. She’s not accepting FV’s crumbs.

People need to realize that these jobs are often dream jobs, and because of that, the networks and production corporations treat everyone like they can be replaced in a second.  Which is a terrible way to work, especially for a creative person. Running everything like a corporation isn’t working for any of us.

Edited by titan1978

• Members

Hillary critiqued the network and the shooting schedule, but not Frank itself. That may be it. I do know ABC really fùcked with her during her contract coma in the mid-2000s, when Nora was within a hair's breadth of death for months. She never mentioned FV when discussing that drama, but it was also while the show was still on.