Roles that Had 3 or More Decent Portrayls

• Members

I think Brooke Newton was a potential stealth hit as Colby on AMC 2.0. She started out as a total vixen but revealed layers near the end of the run with Cassandra and Opal and caught on with the audience. I think she would've been big.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ryan's Hope had to endure a lot of recasts, but I found the ones I saw mostly worked. 

Mary Ryan - Of course Kate Mulgrew was a star in the role, but I feel like had they stuck with Mary Carney, they would've been fine. I guess the pressure of recasting such an important character got to them which is what led to Kathleen Tolan who was dreadful and probably killed any interest in the character. Nicolette Goulet was fine, but I was over Mary at that point.

Siobhan Ryan - Sarah Felder was EXCELLENT and should've never been fired for such stupid reasons, but I loved Ann Gillespie in the role. Marg Helgenberger was loved in the role (although not a personal favorite). I also though the last Siobhan (Barbara Blackburn) was good she just needed more time.

Frank Ryan - This was probably their most successfully recast role. I always liked Frank regardless of who played him. Daniel Hugh Kelly was my favorite, but they were all good. I know the original gets mixed reviews, but I didn't mind him either.

The only Ryan kid they absolutely could not recast was Pat. None of the recasts felt like the same character to me. It wasn't that they were bad actors, but they weren't Pat. 

• Members

Ironically Y&R's Phyllis And Diane!!!

Both Had three talented Actresses portraying them (Michelle, Sandra and Gina) & (Alex, Susan and Maura)

Patty Williams (Tammy Taylor, Lilibeth, Andrea and Stacy)

And Maybe Jill (Brenda, Deborah and Jess)

Viki Lord (Gillian, Erika and Christine Jones!)

Mindy Lewis (Krista, Kimberly, Barbara)

Dr. Laura Horton?

Abigail Devearaux (Hannah from PLL, MARCI AND Kate)

Billie Reed 

• Members

Going way back:

Santa Barbara: Mason Capwell: Lane Davies, Terry Lester, Gordon Thomson

Days of Our Lives: Dr. Mike Horton: There were a ton of actors in the role, but Wesley Eure, Michael T. Weiss, and Roark Critchlow all seemed well regarded.

• Members

Do you have a link to that episode?  Sounds intriguing.

Slightly tangential to your topic, but did anyone else play Erica Kane as a temporary recast (like if Susan Lucci was pregnant or sick) and is there footage of it on Youtube?  It'd be cool to see a thread of iconic soap characters that had been played famously by a single actor get temporarily portrayed by someone else...

• Members

On AMC we had a some memorable Scott Chandlers. Shane McDermott played the geeky son of Stuart Chandler to "T." He was gawky, awkward around girls, and so handsome. He would have grown up into a leading hunk if they gave him a chance.

AMC was really focused on the "hunk factor" in the late 90's and we got Daniel Cosgrove. I remember all the ads they did with he, Michael Lowry, Tanner, and Pierce playing-up the hot guys of Pine Valley. Daniel was great in the role, if not unmemorable. I wish they let Daniel show his comedic side, which none of us knew he had.

Forbes March played Scott as the classic [!@#$%^&*] boy. The very handsome son of a wealthy family. Forbes was quintessential model turned actor. I may not remember him being particularly memorable, but I definitely remember dreaming about his chiseled face and body.

• Members

i can't give much of an opinion as i never saw the original one, barely saw Vanessa in the Role and Saw Heap near the end of her run so MAYBE she got a bit better as time passed, i thought Both Marano and Heap were decent but again I'm not sure how valid my opinion is!