Roles that Had 3 or More Decent Portrayls

• Members

Name a some soap role that had three OR MORE actors who did a good job in the role.

Dorian OLTL- Nancy Pinkerton, Claire Malis, Elaine Princi and of course Robin Strasser were all good. It was refreshing to see the sex pot femme fatale version of Dorian that Claire played in the 1977 episode on YT.

Adam Y&R- All four Adams have been good so far, with Michael Muhney having been the best. I'm not sure whether Grossman or Hartley was the superior Adam.

Edited by ironlion

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think people might argue Ellen Dolan was a bit miscast, but I’ve enjoyed what I’ve seen from Margaret Colin, Hillary B. Smith, and ED as Margo as ATWT.

Y&R: Phyllis. Stafford, Sandra Nelson, and Gina Tognoni have all been great in the role, even though Stafford fell into her oddball patterns in the mid-2000s.

GH: We’ll act like Jennifer Bransford didn’t happen (just like GH did when they inventively brought back the two most successful actresses in the role), but Sarah Brown, Tamara Braun, and Laura Wright have all played Carly to the hilt.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

ATWT- Lily Walsh- Lucy Deakins, Martha B, Heather Rattray

Tom Hughes - Justin Deas, Gregg Marx and Scott Holmes

Emily Stewart - Colleen McDermott, Melanie Smith and KMH.

Paul Ryan Stenbeck- CB Barnes, Andrew Kakvovit and Scott Holroyd

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Carly owns this list. That role is a prime example of different actresses bringing something distinct and memorable to the role. I'm sure the modern average soap viewer could readily identify the 3 different Carlys before they knew that Dorian or another long time roll had been recasted.

As much as I act like the Jennifer Bransford era didn't exist it would have been cool to have her back in 2014 during the 3 Carlys scene or at least for the 60th.

• Members

I don't mind the Alexis Carrington version of Jill. It's just her acting needed work to keep up with that. Jess Walton is solid in the role, just not as entertaining as over the top BD. I wish diva Jill had more interactions with Lauren and Victor!

Noticing many Y&R actreses added some camp in their second runs. Michelle Stafford and Victoria Rowell (Victoria not as extreme as the other two).

• Members

JR Chandler had memorable portrayers: Kevin Alexander was a strong child actor, especially through the Tad/Dixie/Liza triangle. Jesse McCartney was beloved in the role and unnecessarily recast. Jonathan Bennett had to potential to be THE adult JR, if only the show signed him to a contract. He handled Dixie’s death well, and JR’s role in the Proteus saga. Andrew Riddings, miscast and green. Jacob young, deserved an Emmy his first year for his “Judas” speech after Adam returned Miranda to the Kanes.