The Hook is Back | General Hospital promo (week of February 20, 2023)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Literally the only soap opera that feels like a soap opera.

GH has had an excellent sweeps so far. As someone who hasn't watched consistently in a decade I'm surprisingly heavily invested. When Ryan showed up at Wyndemere last Thursday I was legitimately shocked, even though it was telegraphed in the episode I was like "oh shît".

Although the hook thing has been dragged out probably a bit too long and isn't the most compelling of mysteries (it's got to be Laura's deputy mayor, right? For all the killings that haven't been Heather anyway, the one in this promo IS Heather though), at least it's a story! It's something happening.

It's not Days where the only story they can seem to tell is people fake dying or B&B where Sheila runs around the entire cast like she's Bugs Bunny and they're Elmer Fudd or Y&R where you get to watch beige people watch beige paint dry in a beige house on a beige street in Beigetown, U.S.A.

Edited by Darn

• Members

I literally screamed out loud when it was Ryan at the door, even though he had just said, plain as day, "One more stop!" 

This is what I've been saying. Not with many people thinking I made sense, though!

Please register in order to view this content

Heather was trying to protect Esme by putting up a screen. She made two Hook attacks - Rory, who was just an opportune target at the wrong place, at the wrong time. And, then, she attacked Joss but ended up killing Britt. I was told that the reveal on the actual original Hook would be March. Can we possibly wait that long?!!!

• Members
Okay. I surrender. I talked to someone. Heather is going to be the one, the only, the original ... HOOK. Doesn't make sense. The writers just made it up as they went along. I'm disgusted. I want to take back every nice thing I have said about GH for the past 2 weeks. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Oh? Because I know me and @AbcNbc247 used to discuss Rory maybe back when it started.

Yeah, that was the impression I have always gotten as well with the Heather reveal after Britt and Joss were attacked. And the dialogue in the episodes following suggested that Heather was decoying for the real one to be sure people didn't think it was Esme.  And to date (i'm up to last Friday), it appeared that was still the case.

I also felt there was a reason why other characters kept mentioning it had been weeks since a Hook attack at some points. To set up the REAL reveal.

But it sounds like the writers are just going to stick to Heather as Hook which as I've said in the discussion thread is just too anticlimatic to me. 

• Members

My impression had been this:
Esme *was* the hook at the beginning.  At some point Heather jumped in and took over (without Esme's knowledge).  Heather killed at least one person when Esme had an observable alibi, as a way to draw suspicion away from Esme.  Meanwhile Esme got pregnant and couldn't do it anymore anyhow. 

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I don't think Esme was ever the hook, but they'll have to account for who was hooking early on while Heather was still in the more restrictive mental health facility.  She has easily snuck in and out of this place, but hasn't it been determined to be less restrictive that where she was when she first reappeared?

The Hook started hooking when she attacked Ava on August 26th and Heather didn't reappear until October 28th.

I've crossed the Lt Mayor off of the list, as she's involved in the Anna haunting story, and I think that will be her exit plot.  And I think Rory was just a classic red herring and Esme is obviously who we are supposed to think is the killer.

I still think the key is the clue that the poison was from a South Seas reptile, and only a few people would have access to that...

Edited by j swift