DAYS: Three Exits Ahead!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Basically SOD is reporting stuff we already knew or guessed, as if it were new, but just basically confirms things.
And then other sites are creating articles to quote SOD.

SOD says Will leaves for New Zealand week of 13 February.
What did we already know: Will said that in the hospital chapel during Marlena "dying" that he got a job offer in NZ. 

SOD says Zach is leaving Days but doesn't give a date.
What did we already know: Zach mentioned a a fan event quite a while back that he's leaving. Zach is on recurring on Days and has been appearing on Fire Country.

SOD says Lindsay Arnold has wrapped taping at Days but gives no final exit airdate. Which we already guessed... since she's been on recurring for a while and hasn't posted from the set for a while, except for the show's Christmas party.  She's been posting on her tiktok for a while that she's going to auditions. 

We also knew this about all three characters:
The TV listings (episode descriptions/spoilers) for Thurs. Feb. 16:
"Will is set to leave town, but Sonny has a surprise for him.
Allie makes a life-changing decision."

Since SOD says only that Lindsay has wrapped, maybe she continues airing for quite a while, but the episode description hints that it's coming very soon.  Maybe her "life-changing decision" is about changing careers, but I doubt it.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

On the one hand, I hate this. Will and Sonny should have never been written out in 2020. And it sucks that they couldn’t make it work now with Chandler and Zach’s schedules.

But on the other hand, Sonny is safe from Leo and that is a good thing regardless. I hope they come back for Christmas, so that Zach finally gets a chance to hang his ornament on the Christmas tree

Please register in order to view this content

As for Allie, I guess Uncle Ron accomplished his mission. Too bad that I fell into his trap #biphobe 

• Members

They may each have their own reasons for leaving, but do you think production is trying to pare down the cast with the move to streaming in order to cut costs?

While I am a fan of all three characters I guess the obvious take is to respond with which characters I wish they would cut.  For me, I would cut Brady because he is redundant with Eric, and has less story potential since he has been in so many failed romances.  I would cut Rafe, just because he's a bore and we have other cops in Salem.  Then, I would write off Gabi and Stefan because there are more intriguing antagonists in other plots that have less convoluted backstories.  Gabi's story is tied to Stefan, Rafe, and Will which makes her expendable.  And, there's already a power struggle built in between EJ and Chad, so we don't need Stefan as a trouple.

I would also imagine that the actors portraying Brady, Rafe, Stefan, and Gabi are expensive, given their experience on the show.  So, it would free some money for sets and other improvements. 

Goodness knows we don't need more characters.  Poor Jada had a one night stand followed by an off-screen abortion, but there's been no progress since Thanksgiving.  I look forward to more Jada vs. Nicole scenes.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I have seen some people suggest that she & Henry leave with Will & Sonny. I don't see how that would be as they're not even going to the same place.

It is kind of a blow to diversity at DOOL. We'll be left with Chanel, fluid but not seeing a woman. Leo, gay but only in an obnoxious way?

• Members

On the official Days youtube channel, they had various actors doing vids of their favorite Christmas/Hanukkah traditions from their own families (the actors, not the characters). They also did the same for New Years traditions of the actors.
Christopher Sean did one, and Colton Little did one.

The Day of Days promo shows that the Bo/Hope/HarrisMichaels/Megan/Ciara storyline will pick up on the main show where it left off after Beyond Salem 2.  My understanding is that all that begins in March.  Since Paul Narita and Andrew Donovan were part of BS2, and the actors were in those holiday vids, I assume (or at least hope) Paul and Andrew appear on the main show in March or soon thereafter? 

• Members

wait, so they are gonna have Johnny and Chanel get back together? I dropped off watching DAYS since the move to Peacock, but my sister was still keeping up and she said it seemed like it? Or something. Ew. 

i'm sad about Will and Sunny, but glad because all the Leo stuff was just... kind of looming horrifically in the sense that they would ever potentially have Sunny cheat w/ him or something. Yikes!