GENERAL HOSPITAL February 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Sasha (to Heather): "But, you know what? I can be compelling, too. I was with Brando in Charlie's in his last moments. Before he went to follow Josslyn Jacks into that alley where you callously ... brutally murdered him."

Heather: I don't know anyone named Brando."

Sasha: "The jury will know him. I will tell them. I was eating pie when he left. Our last kiss tasted like cherries."

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Sonny and Spencer have, unfortunately, been close for a number of years. Ron Carlivati was the one who began amping up that relationship to put Nicolas Bechtel over with the audience and had Sonny suddenly touting his devotion to 'my nephew', and it's a bond they have taken pains to show ever since including with Chavez.

• Members

2-24

I admit that I giggled at Sasha wearing BLQ's hand-me-downs.

I also admit that as much as I liked the scenes with Sonny and Spencer, that it was weird seeing them together because wasn't there a rumor/story about there being friction between the actors and/or MB and AP. Still an awww moment for me in any case...even knowing that Spencer I believe is living with Sonny in the penthouse. 

That whole thing with Heather in the interrogation room was so weird. So is Heather saying she killed everyone because she thinks Esme was? Or we getting another rewrite? I'm actually confused.

What I'm not confused was that coda at the end of Heather seeing Esme post-birth. She soooo going to be Laura's new adversary, ain't she? lol. That said...Friday was the first time since Esme washed up in front of Sprina, that I wondered anew if she IS faking her amnesia...or at least got her memory back. Something in how AP was playing her scenes with GF is making me wonder. But tbf...I guess it is a matter of time now that the birth is over that her memory returns now.

Love that Taggert got his moment to express himself to Portia. And he let her know what time it was. Yes...HIS daughter. Good scenes. 

I forgot to mention that. Ava talking to Spencer and Spencer connecting the dots to how they got to this point made me feel nothing but sad for him. 

More to bond him to Trina though.

I definitely think they will continue to bond. It's been writing on the wall between Laura and Esme since she was found by Sprina. But it's been background. The fact that Esme ran to Laura first when her water broke I found as foreshadowing. The fact that Heather is oh so pressed that Esme is leaning on Laura (as the grandmother) versus her as the other grandmother and being so verbal about it, too...Laura is going to be her next target. Watch. 

• Members

I really liked the writing for Spencer today.  Nicholas Chavez is a captivating actor and I find myself fascinated by every choice that he makes. His range from romantic, to conniving, and then vulnerable, make him a unique male character on soaps today.

The real surprise for me today was Molly.  At first it seemed like a child playing dress-up as a lawyer, but she won me over.  Molly seems bright and driven, without some of the questionable values of Alexis.  Alexis is a fun character, but a little too judgemental of others at times, for me, especially given how easily she is drawn to malicious men (she needs some analysis of her Electra Complex).

The only thing that struck me as humorous today was Molly recusing herself from Liz's case because Nikolas is her cousin, without mentioning that Liz is her father's former wife, and after she's already taken her statement.  But, if the entire Port Charles legal system needed to divest themselves from cases involving relatives, there'd be nobody left to solve or prosecute crimes.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Heather is such an interesting character after all these years!  I love that Cher's beautiful sister originated the role...

Please register in order to view this content

...and the current actress has done a fantastic job!  Love the way she's shifted things around on the canvas during this stint, so I hope she stays on!  The Laura & Heather face off at the end of Monday's episode was so gripping and so promising for future revenge drama.  Heather even made the Sasha character interesting the other day for the first time ever.  And, of course, the mother-daughter dynamic of Heather and Esme was and will be excellent because both actresses/characters are so talented/compelling.

Overall, good episodes lately with all the stories around Ryan, Felicia, Mac, Ava and even Roger Howarth's new character scheming with Ava "murdering" Nicolas.

Trina's paternity story is so damn dull.  There's no stakes and it's a fairly meaningless lie that won't alter anything.  The current beautiful Jordan actress & Curtis' actor do have some chemistry though...