Days: January 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I hope you enjoyed yourself to the max! 

I'm not sure people know she is leaving but we all think she is because they moved her to recurring last week & it looks like they're gonna break up Challie. Like any day now. They've just moved Lucas to recurring too. Personally I think they're getting rid of both of them as they got rid of Tinker. And, I think they're setting Johnny up for a major triangle with him in the middle of Wendy & Chanel. 

This could all be wrong.

Edited by Tonksadora
re-writing a bit

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I was reading the updates and it looks like Lindsay Arnold was put on recurring, but there is no mention of her actually leaving.  Of course, it is ironic that she appeared on screen for five episodes straight in her first week on recurring.

I'm a fan of allowing these younger characters to have some time to grow.  For me, daytime is filled with far too many 40-somethings characters stuck in stories that portray them as perpetual adolescents.  Wendy, Sloan, and Stephanie are young professional women who fill a gap in terms of the need within the cast for a romantic hero and an antagonist.  I like that they are sexy without guilt, and are more complex than Gabi or Nicole are written.  I still recall early Kristen Alphonso being very green on screen, with a thick mid-Atlantic accent, and Stephen Nichols had a limited set of acting skills, similar to RSW, so I tend to be forgiving of soap actors during their first contract.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Thank you!  I did!

Perhaps it LA's choice?  

I agree 100% there are a lot of 40 somethings on soaps that have outlived their usefulness and that jump in and out of pairings, but soaps don't seem attractive to young/any actors at all these days lol.  Except for your vets.  I think LA is very good.  I just don't like Allie these days.  I also don't think LA has the innate charisma KA/SN did.  

• Members

Oh, I think LA is definitely the equal in inherent native acting ability. She's got the chops for more than what they give her & the looks & she can be very nuanced, also. I hate to lose her because I love her being Sami's daughter & I love the twin stuff. When they bicker they are hilarious & when they care about each other they are so sweet. She cracked me up the other day when Johnny went to compare her to Sami & she quick retorted, "You take that back this minute!" I think she was ready to do violence! Challie just had their 6 month anniversary but no one noticed but Challie fans. 

Oh, yeah, I was gonna say. I know that at the studio they are very taken with Jada & Wendy & Stephanie. And, I wonder if they're not cleaning house of some of particular young adults to give the new ones more room to spread their wings. Harshh world, but such things do happen. 

Edited by Tonksadora

• Members

With all of these bereaved deaths, you can see the wretched pain, agony, and despair that these characters are experiencing, especially with the deaths of Kate, Marlena, and Kayla. I mean, with Tripp playing video games with Wendy, Eric giving Sloane some slop chowder on the house, Allie and Johnny acting like childish teenagers once again, and Stephanie getting her salad tossed by Chad are some of the most powerful, gut-wrenching scenes I've seen in a long time. 

Kudos, I hope DAYS continues to captivate each and every one of us. This is great soap.

Edited by Noel

• Toups unpinned this topic
  • Members

Amen.

It was dumb how Kate went from sipping chowder at the Pub to taking her last breath at the hospital in the span of, like, two segments the way she did.

I agree with others who think this was a J&M story and Kayla/Kate were shoehorned in. I just don't understand why they rushed the climax like this. It felt rushed and performative.

Rachel's "kidnapping" was rushed but a lot more satisfying, IMO.

I loved the initial Brady/Kristen confrontation, everyone vs. Kristen (even though Orpheus is enemy #1 in this) at the townhouse, Brady and Kristen going toe to toe after the orchid reveal, Chloe vs. Kristen at DiMansion, Steve vs. Kristen, Eric holding Kristen at gunpoint, Kristen trying to flee with Rachel, etc.

The only thing I didn't like was how fast Kristen learned the truth about Rachel's kidnapping and EJ's lack of hesitation turning on Kristen but I'm loving EJ/Nicole so it is what it is. I just hope they don't neuter him too much.

Stacy, Eric, Greg, Dan and Ari have done really good work but Stacy put on a master class in a few of those episodes.

Too rushed though.

Edited by KLN