Days: January 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I liked today's episode better than yesterday's, specifically the John/Marlena and Johnny/Chanel scenes.  The use of history and talk about Isabella was really good with John/Marlena and Johnny/Chanel seemed to spark up again.  Although I question having a dying woman sit out in the cold on a rooftop to look at slides of pictures, but whatever.

Yesterday's episode was less scattered as far as characters, but I enjoyed today more.  I could have done without the EJ/Stefan scenes, which felt very out of place for this episode.  Belle, Allie, and Eric should have also been part of today's episode.

I did have a question about yesterday though.  When Claire left her mental stability was fine, right?  Belle made it sound like Claire was in intensive therapy yesterday and that's why she couldn't come to Salem.  I am sure she has therapy still, but she was fairly sane last we saw her.

• Members

Umm ... why are they repeating scenes again? What I mean is why am I seeing the same scenes twice? For example, when Eric and Nicole both had dreams about one another? Maybe it's me though. Did I smoke crack? Wait a minute, let me see here.

*Pats down beautiful bedspread in search of a glass pipe*

No, I don't think I see any crack pipe lying around anywhere. Well, I do have 10 decor throw pillows. Maybe there's a (hopefully clean) crack pipe in beween my pillows?

*Pats down in-between throw pillows*

Nope. I couldn't find any crack pipe here either. Hmmm ... maybe I put the crack pipe in one of the drawers of my night tables? Well, I don't use the left night table, but let me check the other one and see what's there.

*Scavenges through the night table drawer*

Let's see here ... pens, index cards, Bose headphones, vibrator, condoms - oh those are way expired. Hmm .. Covid-19 Vaccination Record Card ... Oh, lube! But, no - I don't see a crack pipe in sight. Maybe I put a crack pipe inside a shoe in my shoe closet? Oh god, this will take me all day.

• Members

Which episode are you watching?  The episode from Tuesday. January 17th repeated a seven-minute section (yes seven minutes!), and then Peacock fixed it a few hours later. If someone downloaded that episode and uploaded it elsewhere before it was fixed, and that's what you're watching, then you'd see all that repeated stuff.

I haven't watched today Friday Jan 20 yet, so I don't know if there are repeated sections today.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

So, I'm not smokin' crack then. Yeah, it was definitely a scene on 1/17. I just watched Wednesday's eppy and I saw a lot of the park scenes. I wouldn't have noticed until I heard Rachel (who's destined to do great things by the way) say, "Whatever."

So, next time I smoke crack, it better not be laced up with bad smack. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Noel

I don't know what to make of the roof top set. But at least it's something different. Then the same tired old sets. I felt more when Marlena ''died'' in 1987. And even as a kid i knew she would come back. Chanel and Johnny still have chemistry. i liked their scenes.

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

Better than that sh*hole, especially with that flea market fleeting ship art. Hell, they might as well put up dogs playing poker or something at this point. Bless their hearts.

Oh, and that scabie infested mattress? So gross. They don't even make mattresses like that anymore. Well, maybe you can find them at a yardsale next to Bugs Bunny salt and pepper shakers that still have yellow residue grease.

Edited by Noel

• Members

Honestly, these last two episodes have been the best I've seen in a while. Acting, writing, everything was done so well. You know episodes are good when you pretty much know what's going to happen, but yet, you're still glued to the screen. Big shoutout to the Cullitons for writing yesterday and today.

If this is how it's going to be now that the Peacock episodes have started, or are about to start dropping, then I'm impressed.

The rooftops scenes were very touching. John and Marlena's trip down memory lane was really nice to see, and it was beautiful thing to do for Marlena in her "final moments." Scenes like that are what soap opera is. And although, it was all CGI, I'm glad that production or Peacock or whoever took the initiative to go that extra mile and try something different. They made Salem look like NYC though 

Please register in order to view this content

And I am so thrilled that Johnny/Chanel is starting back up again. It was ended too quickly. This needed to be the storyline from the moment Chanel chose Allie and would have been a lot better to see than that crap with Sloan's mother. Hell, Johnny and Chanel and their lingering feelings, and Allie's fear could have been the reason why she and Allie had the threesome. I'm really looking forward to what's going to happen.

Edited by AbcNbc247