Most Memorable Scenes by Black Actors On Soaps

• Members

I believe that despite prejudices, Black Actors Managed To Leave their Mark On Soaps, And Their contributions should be discussed, as well as some of Their Most Memorable works, Also It's Our "Black Month" Here in Brazil, and I do understand The North American One is On February(?) But I would also enjoy putting together a little compilation of Such Scenes, as a way to Communicate Both Cultures, Just that I believe that it's easier for me to pick up some Brazilian ones than American Soaps and Since I'm quite busy, would love everybody's suggestions 

Also something I Noticed is On Soaps A Black Actress' Age seems kinda irrelevant?? Like Victoria Rowell Being 30 but Being introduced as Teenaged Drucilla, or Debbi Morgan's Angie Getting Pregnant despite her rather Advanced Age or Her being the Recast of Yolanda/Harmony Hamilton despite being 20 years older than the original actress

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh wow, it’s BHM in Brazil? Happy BHM @Joseph! There is a Black Lives Matter thread in the Off Topic Lounge. Feel free to post any interesting videos or snippets there regarding BHM in Brazil, I would be interested in seeing them. My Portuguese is kind of dire (lol) but I may be able to understand a little.

• Members

It's not Exactly BHM We have here it's "Black Conscience Day" that Happens on November 20th, it kinda celebrates the memory of The most Important Black Figures on our country's History, that happens to coincide with My sister's birthday so she says it's her holiday, anyway I'm not sure many people will be celebrating this year as everyone is more preoccupied with the results of our elections 

• Members

Ah, okay, I see. Still, the thread is there not just for that day but for anytime you want to post any Afro Brazilian cultural points of interest. 
Also, I would love to hear your perspective on the aftermath of elections and how you or people you know are being impacted. There’s the Politics thread too.