YR/BOLD: 30 Years of Sheila Carter

• Members

I was just unsuccessfully searching for my favorite campy Sheila line of all time. 

I believe it is right before the fight in the lab in 1992.  Sheila is gaslighting Lauren at the hospital and suggests a playdate between their two kids.  Lauren looks at her with astonishment and Sheila responds, "oh right, you can't, because your baby is dead."

I mean, it's not subtle, but it was fun.

Last thought; if we take it at face value that Sheila has had six kids (the baby with Scott that died, Erica/Mary Warwick, Diana Marone, Daisy, Ryder, and Finn), is that more than any other woman on a Bell soap?

I know Stephanie had five (Ridge, Thorne, Angela, Kristen, and Felicia), but I can't think of anyone else with six...

Edited by j swift

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Whhhhhhhhat!!!! WOW. lol.

My first Sheila storyline was her 2005 return on Y&R. But she casted such a shadow given she was one of the first baby switch storylines and one of the most well known. And then a crossover? I had seen clips on her on B&B and knew she was dangerous. It was later that I heard more about her. And that 2005 return the network was counting down so when she slid in at the end of the episode...helped by how oooo so good KB plays complex villainy...I loved her. And from watching clips her and TB have great adversary energy.  

I still remember the day she returned for her 2017 B&B return. We went crazy here and how well it was kept under wraps, too. The creaking. The music. Quinn asking who was she. And she turned around. Just *shivers* I gasped. 

That was another thing I loved about her 2005 return. Her first major story had to do with Scotty. And they had set up her return so well in storyline by Lauren dealing with her anxiety over Scotty coming home to her wedding. And the ghosts of her past with Sheila. Not knowing that Sheila has been around Scotty all this time. Her son. THE son. Plausible and marvelous tension.

• Members

According to Y&R canon, that was Sheila. That's why in 2010 they had to make the Lauren lookalike "Sheila's sister" because "Sheila" was dead. And apparently the "Sheila" that was in jail was really her crony Sugar with plastic surgery to look like Sheila. So, I guess if B&B wanted to honor the Y&R version, the current "Sheila" is really "Sugar."

I feel stupider for having typed that out...

• Members

Who sat down, wrote that Sugar business and thought...YES let's put this on the air! Michelle Stafford as Sheila was one of the worst things Ive ever seen. If they insisted on going down that road, they could've just said Sheila wore prosthetics to look like Phyllis thus giving Kimbelin Brown an opening to return in the future.  Good thing Brad Bell erased that travesty from the cannon.

IDK where those mystery kids Diana, Ryder, Daisy, and Finn came from. Mary Warwick would be a great addition to add some Sheila drama. 

Her current issue is that she can't be a long-term functioning character if she's out committing murders. Lighter acts of evil like messing with Bridget's paternity test, poisoning Stephanie with mercury etc, are softer acts of evil allow her to be around long-term rather than having to be sent to prison immediately.

Overall, Sheila's most solid and memorable stories were on Y&R, but she was a better long-term functioning character with development on Bold.

Edited by ironlion

• Members

Going by real time, Finn was born 15 months before Sheila arrived in Genoa City.

I thought Bradley would have delved into his father's history of Sheila and have the father be John Silva. Remember in Fall 1990 there were hints that John Silva and Sheila shared a past but then Bill Bell decided not to expand further on it.