DAYS: September 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Dr. Rolf was pardoned so I assume he could just walk around town like everyone else.  I don't have any facts on this, but I assumed he lives in Salem on some DiMera property.  As far as family he at least had a niece.  His niece Marlo was the birth mother of J.T. (Bo/Hope's 'son' during the Lexie baby switch).

I think Rex just figured out this could be the same toxin, so I assume Rolf will come into play and Kristin will barter for something (Rachel/Brady most likely) to give up the antidote.  Meanwhile Rex will be working to make the antidote as well (much like Mike in the OG story) and things will get dire, and everyone will have to give in to Kristen's demands.

• Members

Oh. groan. I liked it so much today when Rolf was putting Kristen down & following his own counsel! The very idea that Kristen gets some comeback is enough to perk up my afternoon. Now, look at this great picture.

Please register in order to view this content

At least she knows now! It was really messing with her head. He's not going to know Ava, right?

• Members

I like the juxtaposition of Clyde's successful murder with the latest attempt by Orpheus, who is apparently doing a rerun of something that failed two decades ago. Just stab people, is the lesson I'm learning from the show. If Clyde had just left town after, he'd be in the clear, too. Hopefully a future villain keeps that in mind. 

I didn't see the great love affair between Chloe and Stefan, so the Kristen stuff would work better for me if she'd brought back Phillip instead, like she brought Roman back all those years ago (if I remember correctly). Or, she could just cut to the chase Clyde style, reprogram Brady directly and call it a day. I'm not quite clear how it's all supposed to work in her favor, after the custody hearing, in terms of Brady choosing to be with her again. I'm still intrigued enough to follow along, mostly because I want to see Gabi vs Kristen, but I'm not buying into it fully. 

I liked Gwen at first, and I love the actress. I'm disappointed they didn't kill Gwen off, though. Go full in on the tragedy for Jack, raise the stakes for Jennifer, clean up a character that kinda doesn't work, imho (then bring the actress back in a new role...unless that's just for dudes). Missed opportunity. 

• Members

In an interview Marci said Emily is simply a divine scene partner or something like that, words to that effect.

Just this second I was laughing with a friend about Allie telling him he was smelly! I'm just sorry that everyone doesn't love the twins the way some of us love the twins! (And then the doofus came out in just a towel!) We're screaming our heads off. They're the best comedy!

• Members

Can we please recast Rex?! I wasn’t happy when I heard the news KL was taking over the role and I wasn’t happy when he first aired in the role. I don’t really remember much of Brady when he was in the role mainly because I was really over the whole Broe coupling but I swear KL put way more personality into Brady than he has ever put into Rex. 

Friday is probably the fourth time the medical SL with the ladies has aired over three weeks I think and it’s already flat. The fact that there has been no build up for it and we already know what the cure is, what is the point of the SL?! Since DOOL has been given the keys to vault to expand their budget. I want to see them take some real risks. Hire a team of writers. When it comes to the younger crowd or the LGTBQ+ community it’s obvious that’s where Ron feels comfortable being creative or shows any amount of interest in which is perfectly fine with me. But I have noticed when it comes to the veteran crowd the writing tends to be very stereotypical age related SLs or its rehashing old SLs. Hiring someone who knows how to come up with fresh material for the veteran characters would be ideal. 

And Kristen needs a vacation and I mean a decade long vacation. They have bled this character dry and blood bank is closed PERMANENTLY. 

• Members

Well, if they had real Kristen story & they had Eileen to come do it for "x" period of time & then be gone again, I'd be open to that. But, this stuff with Stacy all the time is just not worth the space it takes up. She's manic. She is constantly going on. She gets away with whatever, etc. ENOUGH.

And, now, I have a question. Here's my word of the day:

Please register in order to view this content

So, did Stefano suffer calamity?! Maybe we need to check his credentials! Of course, with him being dead and all, he's probably gotten away with it.

• Members

It's almost like he doesn't know how to write for them. It's a tough job, and any of them breaking up doesn't seem believable anymore, but I would like to see the writers do something for the vet couples other than them being in some kind of danger

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Exactly. One of my favorite shows that just ended was Grace and Frankie on Netflix. The four stars of the show are in their 80s. I LOVED how the show brought a modern twist on age and relationships and family. There was episodes where yes it was about age but for the most part it was about friendship and family. They need a co writer that can bring that type of writing to the veteran group.