General Hospital: August 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

lol. It does seem like it. Tabyana debuted June 23rd. 

It was bizarre to hear the phone being sold was like JANUARY. I know court cases IRL take forever but ... it shows the show has way too many characters and many get little airtime. It's so hit or miss.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

There's been 10 pre-emptions since she started (two planned + 8 news), that certainly has hurt the timing pacing of stories.

I'm actually glad they didn't go to trial right away, it allowed TA to interact with a lot of characters and situations. She's done a great job with the material.

• Members

True, Guza's GH (and going all the way back to Monty) would have had something like this - with relatively few beats to play out - done and dusted by the end of May at the latest and most likely even sooner.

While the Claudia Zacchara murder investigation also took a while to get Sonny to trial, there were more a lot more beats to play out - such as Franco, Sonny shooting Dante etc.

I do agree that the prolonged nature of the story has allowed TA to settle into the role and the audience a chance to get used to her in the role, so that is a positive.

• Members

Wallow as a character should have been killed around the end of Dawn of Duh. Her morbid fascination over Michael's son that led her to being his mother when her "Jonah" died the same night Wiley was born-- should have led her to an institution, not a happily ever after.

By the way, #firefrank we know Wallow was slated to be Nina's daughter from the start until you switched it to Nelle--and now have backtracked anyway.   

Please register in order to view this content

I don't get where Twice a month Terry (uh-oh already 2 episodes) and Britt can see Wallow will be an excellent nurse. All she's done the past few months is walk around being snotty and judge-y to Nina, not nursing school....

CM's Drew has so little personality. He's nice to Carly. He doesn't even act like he likes her, or is it just that he's trying to play Ryan Lavery in Port Chuck.   Even (I hate to say this)  Killer Griller Filler Miller gave more to the role than CM is bringing. And yes, I'm choking on my words.

No one is clamoring for more appearances from Vanessa Mathison to continue either. There are plenty of actresses looking for day player parts. I mean Trish Ramish is making good coin in the background... and she doesn't get a plug from several outlets when she appears.

Didn't Spencer warn her about that parapet, I mean   "Stay the f*** away from that doorway." She's lucky she just lost a slipper... 

I wish they weren't writing Victor to be the "Big Bad". CS brings so much to the Cassadine table.

I know I wasn't the only one that saw TR stick his tongue out in that scene with Diane!  We need more Robert. I also wish he had a scene telling ADA Arden she was being demoted and that Molly would be taking her cases.

Why aren't they using William Lipton more frequently during his break from school?  Can we just let Joss screw up and bed down Dex (who calls her Trina when he gets passionate--LOL).

Hoping for a Lila Rae to come to town and romance Cam...

The lack of Chase this week, well...

Chase, his tight shorts and BLQ 's story needs to just get moving.   It's been months and neither admits that they are even interested in each other.  Yea, Nope.

Am I the only one that wishes Nina went up to the pool and tossed Michael out on his derriere? He's such a T**t .

Oh and Olivia is one of Sonny's oldest friends. Can she just grow up a little?

Cody isn't a terrible character and Josh Kelly is a good enough actor.  They didn't need to tie him to Scott through Dominique.  Only to badmouth Serena for spending her "inheritance"-- when she isn't even an on screen character.

BTW  Dominique was only a beloved 90s character after SD took over the role. During the TFE time, Dom was just wishy washy, whiny and "there".  It wasn't until Shell Danielson imbued a quiet strength into her.  Her pairing with Kin Shriner was sweet- which is a word I don't generally use in a sentence with Scott Baldwin.

And finally, Hooray for the Ashford/Robinson clans!  And yes, Jordan it's about time you pitched in and kept Rory away from Oz's door long enough for Portia to do her thing.  The repercussions from Portia's actions, though, we'll see.  Now Rory will have an opportunity as Spencer makes license plates... or will he?

@KMan101   welcome back!

• Members

I'm glad we got to see the verdict on the east coast before ABC News once again unnecessarily interrupted  programming. What is this, the third consecutive day of a special report during General Hospital's time slot? This has to be negatively impacting the numbers in some way. Networks have gotten so trigger-happy with special reports, some of these things could easily wait until regularly scheduled newscast times or could be streamed on their 24/7 news platforms.

A lot of these "special reports" aren't just a few minutes, they end up taking up the remainder of the show's timeslot.

Edited by ironlion

• Members

Thank you for the welcome back!

Chase has tight shorts you say?

What a waste of BLQ and Chase; seriously.

I missed the mention of Molly. Good to hear. They seem to be using TJ more.

I liked what I saw of Dominique and Scotty (through YouTube, of course). He truly loved her. But she was just 'there'. Cody should have been Katherine and Mac's. Too bad they wasted Logan back in 2006/2007. I get that vibe from Kelly. He would have made a good recast of Logan.