Beyond Salem Chapter 2 Discussion Thread

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Eyebrow lift actor Drake Hogestyn stole episode 1 premiere. 

A lot of reused sets from Beyond Salem 1.  I guess the budget went down?

Hated Ciara confrontation with Hope about not being there for her. I wish Hope would've brought up her marrying the serial killer and having his baby as to why she stayed away for so long.

The Johnston's reunion was nice but rather boring.

Steve Burton opening scenes holding a gun on someone. What a surprise!

Please register in order to view this content

Steve Burton acting was so hammy! He isn't aging well.

The best part was John dancing at the pride party with shirtless half naked gay men.❤

Seeing Paul taking off his pride jacket and getting down with his dad was golden.

John asking Paul if there was someone special in his life was great too.

Paul meeting Andrew and the look Andrew gave Paul was telling. Andrew was right away smitten with Paul and probably knows his gay.

Oh forgot. The Bo heaven scenes were cringe worthy bad!  I wouldn't have put them in the episode.

Nice opening of Bo and Hope.

• Members

I wonder if due to the budget they had to cut the scene right before this one where the entire party went to Target to buy their pride gear?

Or are rainbow tank tops like tuxedos, every guy in a soap town owns one regardless of wealth or status?

• Members

I thought the opening scene with Steve Burton on a rubber boat on a soundstage and Heaven with the lighting and effects were cringey although I agree with @AbcNbc247that Steve Burton still looks good.   It would be nice if he could play something other than a version of Jason though.  I know SBu used to be able to act.

John Black living it up at a Pride Party is something I never would see in my lifetime, but Drake was great lol.  John and Paul are adorable.  Paul is far and away the best John kid. 

The new Stephanie does favor Shelley Hennig a lot.  I like her so far.  I never had much of a thought about Joey, so the new one seems fine as well.  

I actually do thing Ciara has a ton of right to call out Hope, but I agree it came out of nowhere.  Ciara never seemed upset on the main show about it.  The fact that Hope would rather ignore her children and life to avoid getting back together with Rafe is hilarious to me even if it's not the real reason.  

Poor Bo in Heaven.  Has he just had to watch everyone he loves make poor decisions all these years lol?  

The actress that plays Megan Hathaway still looks really good.  

I like it so far.  I am curious to see how all the pieces and characters come together, but it was a good start.  It felt a little more disjointed than the first Beyond Salem, but we'll see.