Beyond Salem Chapter 2 Discussion Thread

• Members

I said it before, but I think they truly bring out the worst in each other. Both need a co-writer to balance them. From what I've seen, BSII seems to be the worst sort of amalgamation of both their worst habits.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Some of you all acting like Ron was writing Shakespeare before Jamey came on as a writer on the main show. It's obvious Ron isn't well versed with the history of the main show.  Ryan and Jamey are the ones who our filling him in on that history. It might not be the history you care for or like. 

Personally, I think all of the Beyond Salems should be available via the free tier for a week and then put it behind the paywall on Peacock. 

Edited by Forever8

• Members

The show has a HW and a co-HW, but yall think the show is a mess because of Jamey? I mean, sure any writer can pitch a story, but the fault lies in the two people at the top. Jamey's position isn't big enough to change the direction of the show and I'll still maintain that Ambitions was a great show. In general I think Days has been absolutely horrific this year and BS2 is no different, but I put that blame solely where it needs to be on Ron as the main headwriter. When nothing on your show is working and you're the headwriter, it's hard to blame anybody else.

• Members

Exactly. IIRC, Ron is not actually very familiar with Days (which really surprised me to hear when he was hired, as he is a soap devotee, not a tourist). And yes, as I said above, Ron is more than capable of fúcking the chicken on his own.

• Members

Today's episode was the best episode of the week.  The episode was written by Carolyn Culliton.  KA and PR definitely still have chemistry together.  The one thing that is evident is that Beyond Salem needs to be at least two weeks long.  Without spoiling anything, one episode of Beyond Salem could have been a Bo and Hope flashback episode looking at past clips of the couple.

• Members

I thought the exact same thing- and they used the original song Tonight, I Celebrate My Love by Peabo Bryson and Roberta Flack.    They did a great job using the song at the DiMera party in Hong Kong, as well.  The party set is small, but at least they had a lot of extras in those scenes today.  

• Members

See what can be done when there's just a little more money to spend 

Please register in order to view this content

The Bo and Hope scenes were absolutely beautiful. It definitely was the type of reunion and goodbye that all soap fans, not just Bo and Hope fans needed. Scenes like that are what soap opera is: not mean spirited camp, not reality show ripoffs, not over the top, out of character shock value stunts, just the love and the bonds that people can share between each other and with their friends, and family. 

I also loved Paul and Andrew and everybody else dancing to Bo and Hope's song as well. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Hope & Bo's dialog, hugging, kissing, touching each other's faces, Hope with this huge Second Chance ticket. Hope turning & seeing Zach,  no longer 5 years old, but a young adult man. Dancing. Tonight. I celebrate my love with you. I wish I had a clock on this scene as it is SO long. More dialog, good-bye for now but we will be together forever. And, as Bo is beginning to cry, Hope goes back through the double doors. I'm going to have to watch today's episode a second time.

• Members

Ron Carlivati's problems began when Sheri Anderson left the creative team; she seemed to be the one to reel some things in. Since her departure, Carlivati seems to be off-the-rails. Adding in Jamey Giddens just made it all worse. Giddens seems to think that just because he did "dream casting" and "dream storylines" on a website, as well as had a mediocre series on OWN (that lasted one season) he is capable of being included on a daytime soap opera's writing team.

Alan's tweet is somewhat relevant to the thread. The lesson i've learned on SON is don't let fellow posters diminish your spirit. At the end of the day. It's just a message board. Filled with extremely eccentric types.  Myself included.

Now back to the subject at hand. Episode 4 of Beyond Salem. It's funny Marlena materialized out of thin air.  Peter and Kristian still have chemistry. Bo & Hope's reunion scenes were good. As was Hope's reunion with Zach. Sadly, they can't save this mess. All those redressed sets are pathetic. Looks like BS blew all its budget on Tonight, I Celebrate My Love. It was nice to see the characters dancing to real music.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by victoria foxton