DAYS: July 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Members

Today was mostly fast forward material. The only thing that interested me was Lucas and Marlena. 

Everything else was yawn city. Nancy is being wasted on Leo and that other idiot.

And can Sarah and Xander leave Salem? Xander is so boring and Sarah has annoyed me to no end.

Gwen needs to be killed off with Fake Kristen.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This show is so inconsistent and feels directionless.  Monday's show was overall great, yesterday's was awful. Jada was the only thing I liked. She made a strong first impression. 

I liked Xander and Sarah once upon time, but what was the point of having another Xander wedding get interrupted? Especially this one had no guests and we only saw maybe 30 seconds of it. 

There is so much dead weight on this show. Clyde, Leo, Gwen, Stacy's version of Kristen/Susan are just a few that need to go. 

Edited by wingwalker

Newbie Jada has more of a personality, than a bland Lani ever did.  I'm glad she's Marcus's daughter. Always liked Marcus. These cheapy interrupted weddings are so anti-climactic. Sonny's big firm muscles were bursting out of that striped shirt.

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

As I watched those emotional scenes between Sonny and Chad I couldn't help but think to myself if one of them was a woman you could almost bet their friendship would become sexual within months.

This has all the classic soap elements of one friend seeking comfort in the arms of a friend that unexpectedly goes to a level that neither one of them expected and yet reveal feelings and emotions that was always there just hidden underneath the surface.

It would open up doors story wise - if written with insight, care, intelligence and bold frankness - that would probably make for one of the most compelling storylines DAYS has given us in a long, long time. God knows the chemistry between Billy Flynn and Zach Tinker is definitely there is make this story highly believable.

And for those fans who would have issues with Chad engaging in a sexual relationship with Sonny, it wouldn't surprise me they are the same fans who we're more than willing to accept the absurd idea that Will would befriend Ben and be his best man at his wedding. If they can accept that, they shouldn't have any problem at seeing Chad exposing his sexuality. And if they do - so what.

At this point the show had nothing to lose. Bite the bullet. Be bold. Be daring. Be controversial. God knows if written correctly this story would grab people's attention.

On a superficial note Zach's arms are BUFFED!! Throughout their scenes those arms were seriously distracting - in a good, delicious type way!!

• Members

I want Sonny to hold me in his arms like that 

Please register in order to view this content

I did also love Allie ripping Kate. I'm loving the way that the ripple effects of this storyline are branching out as much as they are. This all needs to play out for a long time.

Agreed. It would be something different and that's always good for soaps.

If the show chooses to go that route, it needs to be taken seriously and not treated as one big campy joke, like that horrendous Craig storyline.

And also agreed about Zach Tinker's arms  

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

My thoughts exactly. We've seen this play out with an man and woman friendship, but never two guys. Going there with Chad and Sonny would make so much sense, especially if they wrote it with care. Billy and Zach have both the chemistry and acting talent to pull this off. 

Plus, all the drama of when people find out. Will for example, not only will he be devastated Sonny cheated, but with someone he never would have suspected or been worried about, his own friend, Chad. If they wanted to make "Chill" canon, they could even say that young closeted Will had a major crush on Chad once upon a time. 

There's so many stories they could spin off from this. 

• Members

I am here for Sonny/Chad.  I would love to see that played out.  

I will say I don't care that people are mad at Kate and Lucas, but does it almost seem disproportionally more mad than people usually are at them for their misdeeds?  Everyone is so angry at them, but it's not the worst thing those two have done and Allie/Marlena seem to be more upset than I would expect from either character.  For example, Kate knew Steve thought he was Stefano and didn't tell Marlena or John thus allowing a kidnapping and almost rape and no one batted an eye.  But now Kate knew after the fact when Sami was fine that Lucas kidnapped her and that's worse in everyone's eyes?  Again, it might be the actual appropriate response by everyone, but it seems so different that the usual fallout for Kate being Kate.

I agree with those who said Sarah/Xander weren't half bad in the beginning, but they were really mismanaged by the writers. 

• Members

Yes, Chandler played it that way, but the show never had Will actually say or tell anyone he had a crush on Chad.  Same with EJ and Will, Chandler clearly played it as Will crushing on EJ, but the show didn't confirm that until last year when Johnny said Will had a crush on his dad because Will was way too descriptive of EJ's naked body in the EJ/Abby shower scene he wrote for the movie script.