ARTICLE: Kevin Spirtas Concludes Current Run as Craig Wesley on ‘Days of our Lives’

• Webmaster
Kevin Spirtas, Craig Wesley, Days of our Lives, DAYS, DOOL, #DAYS, #DOOL

With Craig’s relationship with Leo now ended after the latter’s secrets and real intentions have finally been revealed, actor Craig Spirtas concludes his latest run on “Days of our Lives” during the week of May 2 when Craig leaves town. Spirtas reprised the role in January when Craig followed Nancy (Patrika Darbo) back to Salem after she suspected he had been cheating on her with another woman. It turned out he was cheating but instead of a woman, it was with another man, later revealed as schemer Leo Stark (Greg Rikaart).

Before leaving town, Nancy will try to provide comfort to her heartbroken ex on Tuesday, May 3. Meanwhile, on Wednesday, May 4, Leo will plead for another chance with Craig even while releasing a shocking article that makes Chad DiMera (Billy Flynn) furious.

In the latest issue of Soap Opera Digest, on newsstands now, Rikaart reveals that Leo did indeed love Craig despite everything. “Leo’s really hurt and angry, and he doesn’t have the best coping skills,” the actor tells the publication. “The easy path for him is to lash out and try and make the people he feels responsible for making him suffer, suffer as well. From his perspective, too, these guys really went above and beyond to wreck things for him in a way that didn’t really feel justified.” Rikaart is referring to Sonny (Zach Tinker) and Chad working to undermine his relationship with Craig.

While pleading with Craig for another chance, Rikaart notes, “We’ve seen this side of Leo before he and Craig have this heart-to-heart.” He adds, “We saw it at the wedding when he got to be pretty vulnerable with Craig after things went awry. In this moment, we do see him a bit vulnerable, again, and the honest side of Leo that he keeps hidden is a big step for Leo.” 

Sadly, it’s goodbye for the two despite Leo’s genuine feelings for Craig being accepted as truth. “It’s amicable … in the moment,” Rikaart teased. “Leo feels dejected and is disappointed, then it’s full steam ahead to get back at everyone who Leo feels is responsible.” And nothing is going to stop Leo from doing just that, at least not Craig who departs Salem for other opportunities.

For a sneak peek at what’s about to go down, check out this week’s trailer below.

Note: The post Kevin Spirtas Concludes Current Run as Craig Wesley on ‘Days of our Lives’ appeared first on the Soap Opera Network website.

Read More

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So they brought Craig back and ruined his character just  for the sake of another Leo vendetta no one gives a damn about?

Ron is a destructive, talentless never-was, like so many other writers who have destroyed this genre.

• Members

What a waste.

We knew Craig and Nancy were ruined for no reason, (and yeah I still think Craig deserved everything that happened to him) but now to just have him slink out of town makes this even more pointless than it already was.

Craig and Nancy didn't even need to be brought back if the endgame here was to have Leo be pissed and causes problems for Sonny and Chad/Abigail. 

• Members

What a waste of time.  At least let us see the fallout.  Again like the devil Possession 2.0 we knew it was going to be bad, but this also turned out much worse than I thought.

Didn't Craig just take the Chief of Staff job as well?  So he's content to ruin both his personal and professional life over LEO!  Ugh......

• Members

I see a "The DEvil made me do it" coming soon, i mean the devil is still hanging around in Salem isn't it? I watch though torrents but no episode has been uploaded since March, Anyway this whole storyline was quite pointless