Days of Our Lives: April 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The devil stuff I expect to be bad.  I was more disappointed in Jan/Shawn/Belle.  While the whole situation of Shawn getting Jan out to LIVE with her own victim on house arrest is absolutely ridiculous, I was letting it slide because maybe Eric would have some intelligent advice for Belle.  NOPE.  Instead he equated it to his situation with Nicole and wishing he forgave her.  I was really hoping for a nice discussion with his sister about the time a very similar situation happened to him with Kristen and the shame and embarrassment he felt.  Shawn is a bonehead for allowing Jan to live with him, but, man, he's got no one on his side on this.  I just don't know how Ron & co miss the most obvious beats in how to tell a story with nods to actual history.  I guess I should be glad he remembered Eric/Belle were related.

• Members

I have to laugh at the ridiculousness of Ron's stories to make things happen from the silliness of the possession story to now this. No one in their right mind would invite his assailant  to live with him.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

There was pretty much a 99.9% chance the Possession Part 2 would be awful.  I am not shocked it is.  I am just shocked it is so bad.  If Ron would have kept the original idea of the Possession and kept the theme that JER had throughout the story it may have been okay.  If Ron made a love story about someone willing to give their soul up for the person they loved at the core at least there would be something viewers could hold on to about good vs. evil.   This story is about chained up hunks, skipping person to person to cause the most petty problems, and a baby I don't care about at all.   The Devil stayed gone for 25 years, but came back for Cin's kid?!?  No wonder the Devil can't take over the world.  At this point, I would gladly take both Ben/Johnny shirtless in that crypt.  At least I would enjoy the eye candy!

The Jan stuff isn't even remotely realistic, but at least it has potential to be soapy.  

• Members

So, is there any truth to the rumor that went around abt. 2 wks ago that Corday asked him to revisit the demonic possession s/l? Of course, even if it were true there is a lot of room to wiggle around in, in how it got revisited. Short? Or Long? Serious? Or Goofy? Scary? Or Ludicrous? Fast-paced? Or molasses-paced?

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

ClarificationL: Ken Corday and Albert Alarr together asked Ron to do the possession.

--------------------------------------------

Ron Carlivati on Dishin Days, Sept. 26, 2021.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6U02BcgT1c

The first hour is the hosts discussing the past week's episodes.

Ron's interview starts at 1:02:00 (one hour and two minutes) into the video.

Ron starts talking about the Possession around 2:05:00
(Two hours and five minutes) into the video.
He says Ken Corday and Albert Alarr asked him to do it.

Ron Carlivati on Soap Digest Podcast, October 15, 2021

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/dayss-ron-carlivati-guests-on-digests-podcast-1708647/

That page is set up so that the default audio is the most recent interview.
To find Ron, scroll to "S3:E55 Head Writer Ron Carlivati On DAYS’s Hottest Stories"
and click on that line to hear the interview.

If that doesn't work, try this copy:
https://www.stitcher.com/show/dishing-with-digest-soap-opera-digest-news-and-exclusive-interviews/episode/head-writer-ron-carlivati-on-dayss-hottest-stories-87554103

Ron comes on near the 5-minute mark.
At the 8-minute mark, he says Corday and Alarr approached him.

Edited by janea4old