Days of Our Lives: April 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

In last week's SOD, Beemer said that Belle/Shawn did *not* have much offscreen conversation about the Jan situation since it happened Christmas Eve.  Beemer said that when it first happened and Belle found them together, Belle made a comment implying she assumed she had arrived before anything happened, and Shawn had replied "I would never betray you" - which was true because he really DIDN'T betray her. And thus Belle assumed that nothing had happened. Beemer said that Shawn let her assume that because it was just too traumatizing - and for him to say the details out loud would make it more real, so he could not speak it.

That's what I read a week ago in SOD, but I haven't seen this week's episodes yet, so I'm curious if this week's dialog lines up with that.

It was interesting because the Days promos seemed snarky about the whole thing, whereas Beemer's interview was all serious using words like traumatized, violated, humiliated.

Edited by janea4old

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

@Khan

That's sounds pretty good.  I know Ron would never take the time to make that work, but it would be a really good way to tie in multiple characters that should be in a story together.  Could you imagine Jan trying to seduce Grandpa John?  Lol he put her in a coma.

It's unfortunate that Beemer has to clear up points of the story for us.  It seems like Shawn does feel traumatized, but, again, it's much more about Belle's point of view. I wish Shawn had family not named Ciara to talk to this about.  I am not sure BB is strong enough of an actor to convey the way he feels, but I don't think days is playing it snarky on the actual show.

• Members

You know Ciara would be sympathetic for 5 mins and then go into all her pregnancy/Ben/Clyde issues for the next 2 hours.  She just feels like THAT girl lol.  I wish the show established stronger ties with the Brady aunts/uncles because you know Roman/Kayla would care.  The show just never developed that relationship-or haven't since Shawn-D was a kid.  I suppose he could talk to Doug/Julie, but even that relationship doesn't feel strong.

• Members

Well since the only sibling Belle is allowed to interact with is Sami it's understandable lol.  Belle/Brady were so close-she couldn't have talked about this with him today or her mother?  It feels a little weird to tell EJ first, but who knows if she told her entire family off screen lol.

• Members

Brady would be the *WORST* person for Shawn or Belle to discuss this "rape-by-impersonation" with.  Brady was raped by Kristen (KristenInNicoleMask), yet he later rationalized it away that he must have felt it was Kristen and wanted Kristen - which was an AWFUL thing for the character Brady to be written as saying.  We saw onscreen that neither Brady nor anyone else in Salem (except Xander) knew that KristenInNicoleMask was Kristen.  Brady truly believed she was Nicole.  There was no part of his subconscious in any way that thought she was Kristen.  He did NOT consent to sex with Kristen, nor would he have then (Maybe in some other year, but not then.)

Edited by janea4old

• Members

That was me 

Please register in order to view this content

Maybe it was my stubborn pride talking, but if I was Belle, there is no way in hell that I would let my greatest enemy get the better of me. Even if I didn't truly feel that way, just to see the look on Jan's face when she's told that she's never going to see child ever, would make it all worth it. 

IMO, they need to build it up a little longer. Keep battering Shawn and Belle's marriage on as many fronts as you can (Jan, the devil, Shawn working to find out why Eli was shot, etc.) It would give Belle an even greater reason to turn to EJ

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I wasn't thinking about all that lol.  I was thinking more from the sibling perspective.  I would think Brady would be much more sympathetic to his own sister's situation, but Brady is an idiot a lot.  I was trying to think of people she could talk to because she doesn't really have any friends beside EJ lol.  I know Chloe is her good friend, but have they even had a scene together since the web show?

• Members

I like Mimi and don't hate FF as Mimi, but I don't think that's a popular opinion.  There are a lot of things you could do with the character of Mimi.  I assume Phillip will be back eventually.  They can't pretend he's missing forever lol.   Idk, bring them both back and it could shake up the Last Blast group.  There are plenty of characters to ditch on this show to make room for the two of them

• Members

It was so lovely when a character like Phoebe Tyler Wallingford referenced her long departed daughter, Anne. But on this show, a reference to Gloria Loring/Liz and Friends and Lovers feels so sticky and self-congratulatory, you can just picture the "clever" writer patting themself on the back.