Days of Our Lives: April 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, let me see if I can explain. Okay, so it was Jan all along, right?

Like the fake mask where you morph into someone else that seem to be in the clutches of everyone's hands, the devil used his unique powers to turn Jan into Belle. Satan, who was in Marlena's body, left the hotel room. Outside Salem Inn, Satan marveled at his plan because it was Belle who knocked him out cold when he was inside Marlena at the cabin with Ben and Ciara.

This all happened. No talks about deception, sexual assault, or even telling Marlena what the devil did to the two of them. Four months later, bada boom. Jan Spears is pregnant with Shawn's baby.

Edited by Noel

• Members

You at least have to see that insanity with Ava, Jake, and Gabi. Yeah, as if Ava can go to the living room while Gabi and Jake have their private conversation. Hell, the only thing Ava can do at this point is hum a Lilith Fair song as she sits on the toilet.

Edited by Noel

• Members

Just out of curiosity, is Victoria Konefal a heavy smoker? I was wondering that a couple of times, but yesterday's episode and your mentioning of her maternity dress made me revisit that thought. And then when Ben dropped his towel, all I kept thinking about was the possibility of Clyde walking in because he left Brady Pub after he cleaned the fish fryers.

• Members

@NoelI have to agree with the Shawn/Belle stuff.  lol.  My hatred for MM's Lame Belle knows no bounds, but those two never talked about what happened?  Ever?  Outside of all the devil nonsense, my first question would probably be how far did it go? At least have a scene in the last 4 months where Shawn is avoiding the question or uncomfortable.  Belle has a right to be mad, but Shawn is the victim here too.

Like someone said a few weeks ago, if this was almost like a mystery for the audience as to who is doing bad deeds because of the devil and who is just bad it might work.  But John bringing out his box of exorcism kit out every few months is so stupid.  The devil must really hate Chanel because she's the one who keeps getting screwed over on this lol

• Members

Oh no not again! This is just ridiculous! This show is just garbage!

Are Will and Sonny still MIA?

We need to distribute some milk cartons with their faces.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Yeah, and I've tried the best of both arguments with my initial post. Mentally, what Belle witnessed was devastating. In all forms of abuse, Shawn was sexually assaulted. It's so weird because this is a soap, and yet, in the name of humanity, I'm speaking in terms that people don't dismiss or shoo away this kind stuff in real life. No way and no how. I don't care if you're Pentecostal holiness, Amish, or a member of the Westboro Baptist Church. In this stance, Belle has a  every right to be mad at Satan or even have a lot of disdain and hurt towards Marlena at the moment. Not Shawn. And what? Because Shawn's a dude then he should just "man it up"? No. That's not how it works. That's not how any of this works. And I see these promos and then Martha Madison tweeting stupid stuff like: "Uh-oh! We're going to need some 

Please register in order to view this content

and some ________ (we have no tissue emoticon or I can't find it)." 

Sure, DAYS is getting really sloppy. That's a no-brainer. The potential to develop a really good story and to tell it from different angles (e.g., Belle, Shawn, Marlena) has been wasted in my opinion. But no. Instead, I predict this plot-driven mess ties in with Ben and Ciara's baby. I swear I feel like I'm watching As The World Turns when storylines came by and went by so fast that I can't remember. Why? Because they're not memorable anymore. After all, how many times have you had to give me a recap of soap history and that stupid stuffed bear? 

• Members

Agree 100% with everything you said.  It should be played by all sides (Marlena, Belle, Shawn, Jan, etc).   The first problem is Marlena probably won't find out until the baby is born lol-she has yet to apologize to Belle-even if she was the devil.  Ben got a freakin apology.   The second problem is BB has a very limited ability and MM runs circles around him as an actor, so Shawn just looks like a kicked puppy in the scenes instead of articulating his valid point.  He's apologizing when he really doesn't have to. Third, Belle tends to be a bit of a thirsty whore, so this is clearly driving her straight to EJ and that's the plot point truly.

Shawn is wrong for "lying" if he did that.  It seems like they both buried their heads in the sand on this and since we didn't hear them talk about it, I am going to assume Shawn wasn't outright lying.  It's not like Shawn wants this child anymore than Belle does.  He is a victim.  Idk, if this was John/Marlena or Bo/Hope I feel like their would be a lot more understanding on the female spouses part, but the show hates Shawn/Belle as much as I do and the couple has the depth of a mud puddle.