Days of Our Lives: March 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I’ll be honest, the Craig/Leo scenes weren’t as bad as I thought they were going to be. Yes, Craig is stupid but at least he didn’t come off like a selfish POS.

Tripp was breaking my heart today lol

But yeah, Johnny’s inner voice sounded pretty bad. It really did sound like he was reading from a script 

• Members

Good show today. 

Poor Tripp 

Please register in order to view this content

I felt so bad for him and not for Allie at all. 

We deserved flashbacks of Craig and Leo meeting. If the show can afford a life-sized Duke, they can afford a chipmunk costume for Greg Rikaart. 

The Johnny/JoDevil stuff at the end was really bad. I actually laughed our loud. Johnny's voice pleading with the devil was just... oy. And as much as I like Johnny/Chanel, Johnny trying to fight the devil with his love for Chanel doesn't pack quite the same punch as Marlena fighting for her love for John. 

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

I’m not familiar with BB’s work on GH or even as Stefan, really. Is he doing an accent for Jake? He sounds like he’s from Pittsburgh whenever he pronounces the “ow” sound: house=haas, down=dahn. It’s almost Scottish sounding.

• Members

Ohhhh! Leo's the smart-ass who would probably be throat-punched if he if he brought that flamboyant sh!t up in Marjorie Taylor Greene's congressional district. 

That was not meant to come across as hateful or political, but I weirdly envision the Leo's of the world in all the sociological bubbles that exist where tolerance is not so kind. 

Edited by Noel

• Members

This Renee story is so dumb.  At the very least can they explain why Sarah doesn't visibly see Kristen and Tony are years older than her?    I know LG is not a board favorite and she's not mine, but has she ever seen a PS Renee scene?  Could she at least try to channel some of PS's mannerisms?  I want to like this story a little bit because it's an actual throwback to history, but LG was the absolutely wrong choice for this.

Why are Kate/Roman pushing so hard for Tripp to forgive Allie?  Can they give the man five minutes to absorb the information?  And Roman comparing Tripp's situation to his/John/Marlena's was oddly not helpful lol.  Are Allie/Chanel John/Marlena in this?

• Members

Well tbf, Sarah wasn’t injected with Renee’s essence like with Stevano, so this really is just Sarah playing Renee as opposed to LG playing Renee. 

And I see that Tony got some of his history wrong today lol Tony didn’t realize that Anna was the true love of his life until long after Renee was dead.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

This same shít happened with RC's Teen Jessica's story on OLTL and it's exasperating.

I like LG a lot more than a lot of the board. I blame the writing and stories.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Okay, but I would at least expect LG to infuse some of Renee's aura or haughtiness into the way she acting.  She was waving at and greeting Chad like a child.   I am probably not explaining this right, but if Sarah reading Renee's diary made her think she loved Tony so you would think she also picked up other Renee attitudes and habits.

I think LG plays Sarah and pretty much anything on Days all wrong.  It's always obnoxious and cutesy.  Of course there are numerous writing issues but LG isn't helping at all.

• Members

I definitely don't expect LG to deep dive and find all of the 40 year old clips of Renee and spend her time on that, but at least a few important scenes.  I know Sarah is mentally ill right now, but she's acting like a child almost.  Not like Renee at all.  

I have no idea if this is anything Christopher Sean studied, but he immediately felt like he had similar mannerisms and expressions as Drake/John.  It could be natural, but it felt like he spent time at least studying John/Drake.  The same with Stephen Nichols.  He doesn't need to do research like that-he's iconic already.   I would expect someone like LG to at least do the bare minimum and do the same.   Maybe that's too harsh though.