Y&R: two romantic proposals -updated: and engagement party

• Members

I expect and understand a wide variety of opinions (from love to hate) about any character or pairing, of course. As it should be. The debate makes it fun, LOL.  I can't take this too seriously.

Just curious if there are any other Teriah fans on this board besides me?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

oh yeah the Teriah storylines have been dull and stupid.  And then they were used to service the entitled Abby-baby storyline.
I have to give Camyrn and Cait credit for trying - when all the stuff they're given is so dreadful.

Coming up next, week, Sharon throws Teriah an engagement party but Noah continues to mope about Tessa.
Dude, she's gay.  Go away.

• Members

I totally get that you want to see *something* (anything!) happen on this boring show but ...

Tessa has clarified more than once that she dated Noah only to grift money from him so that she could use the funds to help her sister. She's emphatically stated several times (both to Theo and to Mariah) that she's gay and not into men.  Previous liaisons with men never felt right.  She has stated that she's gay and not bi.

This current storyline with Noah is just the show trying to push a narrative that Tessa is bi. CBS is like, okay we'll let the lesbians get engaged but not really.

I'd just rather Noah be given something else to do or someone else to fixate on.

I mean of course Teriah needs conflict to keep things interesting -- but let it be something about whatever teenager they adopt?  And I mean ACTUAL tension, not just a coffeeshop convo.

----------------

editing later to add this:

I mean, under good writers, they could have Noah try to attack Tessa, and then Sharon steps in to stop him and shoots him or hits him with fireplace poker. Sharon is forced to choose between her beloved son Noah and her beloved daughter-in-law Tessa ... then Sharon makes the right choice and defends Tessa.  Noah could die or be hospitalized, everyone would be traumatized.  Mariah would feel bad for her brother but grateful for her mother.  And Sharon would seek counseling so that she keeps her mental health on track.

With good writers, it could be done well.  If they did it with the messaging that if a woman says she's gay, then no man should ever try to change that.  And of course message that sexual assault is always wrong.  And have good writing and nuanced characterizations, and lots of drama.

But the problem is, Josh Griffith likes to write twisted villains, murderers, rapists and criminal cabals (see the novels he's written).  He likes to energize the dark side without bringing in the light.  Remember on Days when he made all the teens into a rapist, an attempted murderer, thieves, vandals, etc etc, AND he had the serial killer plot going at the same time.  Not mention his unending fixation with Adam/Delia/Billy on Y&R.  He'd have us sucked into Noah/Tessa for years. So that's a big no.

That's why I like "This is Us" -- there's plenty of darkness and angst but the Light always wins eventually. And you don't know how the Light will win, it's a surprise, but it does.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I agree totally.  I was just trying to reply to the other poster's suggestion that the show needs drama.  As I said, their suggestion could work with expert writing, but we don't have that. 

And we just don't need rape storylines. Period. For anyone.

Plus the only reason the show is using Noah is to further CBS's seeming agenda to unGay Tessa. So yeah that's a HUGE no.

Also, I will add.... Bianca getting raped by Michael Cambias on AMC was bad enough. I don't need to see that again.

• Members

JG seems to have kept his darkness impulses to rehashing Adam/Billy/Delia .... and then just Adam/Billy... over and over and over.  (Although he did throw his darkness stuff into Stitch last year, which made no sense.)

Things seem to have shifted away from Adam/Billy in the past two weeks, not sure why.

• Members

Normally, I would be very ashamed of suggesting what I had suggested for Tessa, but she and Mariah have become two very boring characters on a very boring show.  Nothing else about them -- not even Tessa's grifter past, which has been practically sanded away -- lends itself to worthwhile storylines.  And Noah can't just sit there and pine for Tessa forever.  Either he shits (by finally acting on his feelings toward her) or he gets off the damn pot (and moves on, which would make the 5280th storyline of Josh Griffith's that went absolutely nowhere).  But, whatever they decide to do with those three, JUST. DO. SOMETHING. FOR. BELL'S. SAKE.

I'm not kidding.  I'll take a serial killer storyline at this point.  Heck, I'll even take a crossover appearance from "JoDevil" on DAYS.  Just give me something that doesn't make me rue the afternoon the Bells created this show.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I don't need Tessa raped or murdered. I do need her gone. I could say that for another 60-70% of the straight cast though.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, and it pains me to say it as a gay viewer: Putting Mariah with Tessa was ultimately just a chess move to take her off the board of the eligible women with hetero pairings, because I believe someone up top clearly feels Camryn Grimes is unsuitable for A-story and pairings with leading male actors (whereas of course, Melissa Ordway is the light and the way). Therefore they stick her with this boring chick and call it diversity. That ain't the way to me. I think LGBT representation should be a key part of all of these shows, but not when the usage boils down to idle tokenism, making them asexual brood mares (which happens with both gay men and women on soaps in a variety of forms) or other moves designed to marginalize a performer. I have no problem with Mariah being bi, but they should be playing her with a number of vibrant women and men who are all key in major story. Tessa ain't that and she never has been, even now. Even this Devon story is about what? - other straight people, and a baby. It's there to neuter Mariah, to put those characters in a box sideways from the other stars and keep Grimes as a second-tier player, while people are still expected to watch the umpteenth story with Ordway and Heinle not able to carry the load. I'll pass.

Edited by Vee