Days of Our Lives: December 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

He has his tics but I think he'd have great chemistry with Ali.

Lucas needs to be perceived as a romantic lead because EJ and Nicole are taking off.

Sami/EJ are an option for story but Sami became a knockoff Carly Corinthos once they paired her with EJ. She became "the prize" and lost all the insecurity that drove her as a character prior to that point. Lucas grounds her but I think they need to shake it up.

Days should experment a little with casting. Kate/Marci, Stacy/Eileen and others have proven how different actors bring fresh energy, keep the actors engaged, keep the viewers on their toes and generally stimulate interest in watching.

After tuning out for 8 years and coming back with a fresh perspective that's the kind of stuff I notice. Also, the actors don't have multi-year contracts anymore so it lends itself to the model.

You wouldn't buy Billy as Kate's son? Troubled alcoholic black sheep Horton, brother to Austin and Billie? I think he'd have good chemistry with Ali and Chandler too. 

They could still use Bryan, either rotate him or use him in creative ways like Eileen. He also needs a haircut.

Lucas is a workable piece of the canvas but Bryan not being a typical romantic lead makes it hard to use him in effective ways, I think.

Damn! You guys really hate Billy Miller.

I agree about Phillip. Nevermind the hair, he needs a whole new actor. JKJ plays mental break like a toddler throwing a tantrum.

Edited by KLN

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Putting EJami back together makes no sense when Sweeney has already said that she has no interest in returning full-time and is already off shooting another movie. So EJami have to break up before Sami exits yet again (I'm hoping for this), otherwise EJ is just stuck in limbo every time Sweeney books another Hallmark flick, which is a total waste of DF. Not to mention that DF and AS don't even really have chemistry, so this is the perfect time to finally end EJami. The only fanfare I see for EJami these days are people who are nostalgic about the pairing from when James Scott was in the role. Nobody is going crazy over their current chemistry. 

• Members

Scratching my head. Do the show runners ever wonder why they are last in the ratings? It's ridiculous. I had to look up what I saw. Google. I've probably got it wrong. The Devil turned Tripp into Jan who turned into Belle. I'm sure I'm missing plot points but this is the stupidest soap storyline ever.

• Members

100%.

Sami and EJ have children and history so it makes sense to tangle them but the characters never made sense together in the first place. It was very "throw something at the wall and see what sticks" and it stuck. Kinda. But Sami lost her essence.

Putting Sami with EJ messed up everything that made her popular in the first place. They lost who she was. Then James left, the sacrifice was for nothing and with Dan as EJ he's too magic with too many other people.

I wish they would make Lucas a legitimate option for Sami but they never will and I think it's because Bryan doesn't scream romantic lead. He's cute and charismaric but not a "hunk" and Lucas has languished forever as a result, but he has use.

• Members

The devil woke Jan from her coma. Then the devil knocked out doctor Tripp near Jan's room. Then devil turned morphed Tripp's body into looking like Jan's. Then the devil put the morphed TrippAsJan body into Jan's hospital bed in the coma ward. 

Next, spoiler for Thursday 12/23

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I can't watch it.

Not only has it missed the mark tonally, it's so self-referencing and indulgent that it takes me right out of it.

There was so much potential and Ron saw the whole thing as a joke. Imaginative as hell but unwatchable. He needs someone like Sheri to guide the taste.

• Members

I'm just laughing thinking Tripp is now Jan.

So far MarDevil has...

1. Told Brady to f uck Chloe real good.

2. Kristen to seduce John.

3. Jan to f uck Shawn real good.

I see a pattern

Oh and she loves to hit people over the head with cafeteria trays.

She's tied up John and threw Shawn across a table.

And she finally wrecked a wedding

Lame!

Edited by Soapsuds