Days of Our Lives: September 2021 Discussion Thread

• Webmaster

Exactly. And the timing is perfect when you consider Sweeney will be back on screen soon enough which means we'll get all kinds of twists and turns in the near future. For the first time in awhile, I can honestly say that the soaps have my full undivided attention. "GH" for finally giving me some semblance of a real Carly/Jason romance after I've waited for 25 years (four Carlys, 2 Jasons, a Sonny wedding, a Jax wedding, a Sonny wedding, a Lorenzo romance, a kid here and a kid there, Robin, Sam, Britt, blah blah) and DAYS with Beyond Salem, the possession, etc. It's fun to be a soap fan for the most part. Yay!

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Nurse Lynn (remember her? I always liked how she was used across a couple of different storylines) had also told Sami that she'd used drugs on an ex-boyfriend to get him into bed, so the idea of drugging Austin came from Lynn.

After Carrie and Austin's failed wedding, Sami did try to blame Marlena for influencing her to go after Austin but Marlena didn't remember and then realised that it must have happened while she was possessed. Sami of course thought that it was awfully convenient Marlena could blame her actions on being possessed. But really, Sami's actions were all her own.

Not really Sami but one scene that Alison Sweeney was involved in during the possession storyline was when after Marlena broke free from the Devil on Horton Island and sought sanctuary with Father Francis, the devil managed to lure Marlena out by having the late Curtis Reed (now a demon) hold "Sami" hostage. Of course once Marlena rescued "Sami" from Curtis, "Sami" disappeared into thin air and Marlena became possessed again.

• Members

Whatever happened to Nurse Lynn?  I remember her drugging Laura and then I don't remember anything after. 

I mean, what didn't Sami try to blame on Marlena or John lol?   It was bad advice, but Sami's always been one to hear what she wants to hear and run with it.   But it was reinforcement enough to convince Sami it was a good idea.  I never really 'got' Sami's plan because it wasn't to get pregnant.  It was to sleep with Austin and he would know she was better than Carrie?  That's a dumb plan, Sami. 

That was a weird time where AS was gone (due to backstage stuff with RKK and her mom) and I would assume JER probably wanted her more involved in the possession than she was, but it was all very dramatic when she came back in time for the wedding.  It moved so quick from the Possession to the Carrie/Austin/Sami stuff into Aremid.  JER was pretty good at flowing one story into the next.

• Members

Umm.....Sami is the main perpetrator here in this situation.  MarDevil didn't tell her to drug Austin.  She did that on her own.  I like Sami a lot, but the devil didn't make her do all those bad things.  I enjoy AS and Sami and always have.  She does to this day have a habit of blaming others for her mistakes and Marlena/John were her main scapegoats in the 90's

I don't think Marlena's Psychiatry skills really have anything to do with the situation.  It wasn't Marlena talking to Sami it was MarDevil.   And Sami is her daughter so again it's just two different things.  I don't think Marlena is better or worse than most tv shrinks though.  It is bizarre she shrinks her close friends and family.

I don't think being a Marlena fan hasn't anything to do with my comments.  I am a Sami fan too.  I like her by far the best out of any of Marlena/John/Roman kids except maybe Carrie, but it's been years since Carrie was a true factor on the show.

• Members

Honestly, one of the funniest quirks about Sami has always been how much she craves validation from Marlena, despite her trashing that board humping table skank on occasion.

So I'd love for MarDevil to start listing her favorite daughters in front of Sami - there's Carrie, there's Belle... maybe there's also Cassie which she might or might not have mothered. Notice a trend of how favorite daughters tend to end with "e"s?

• Members

Okay, fair enough. I think there is something in Sami that craves Marlena, Roman and John's approval.   I think Belle is Marlena's favorite by a mile, but she has taken a lot of crap from Sami and just took it from her for years and always tried to defend her.  I think Marlena loves Sami very much, but I do think she likes Carrie as a person more as a friend as well as a defacto daughter.   I don't think Marlena gives a [!@#$%^&*] about Cassie.  She is Kate's daughter anyhow. 

Sami is more of a heroine now, but she did a lot of crappy things for years and blamed it on Marlena, John, and Carrie most of the time.  I am not going to say what Marlena/John did wasn't awful, but Sami spent YEARS being mad about it.  

I guess my bottom line is if the only bad thing was Sami drugging Austin that's one thing.  She was a messed up kid and MarDevil told her to do what she could for Austin, but Sami did numerous bad things after. 

I totally understand not being a Marlena fan, but I don't think it's fair to blame Marlena for Sami's bad decision. But YMMV on this.  

• Members

Honestly, I don't think there's one individual on the canvas that could get Sami quite as unhinged as Marlena could. Imagine MarDevil throwing it in her face that she prefers Cassie over her?

I'm sure Sami would take that as a rational adult.

• Members

Has Sami ever taken anything ever as a rational adult?  That's part of her 'charm'.  There is a reason they call her hurricane Sami.

Oh man that child was obnoxious.  

I wish she said to Sami, "I really wish DJ lived" every time Sami messed up

Or "maybe it was a mistake to name you after my crazy twin".

Thanks.  For some reason I thought she reappeared more at the hospital during the Mike/Craig/Ali etc stuff.