DAYS: August 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

I skipped through half of today's episode but I thought the scenes with Paulina and her mother were a lot of fun. Looking forward to more. I'm glad that they're diving right into Lani's maternity. Besides that I just watched Lani/Abe and Xander/Gwen/Jack. 

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Theo: How can you love a guy who killed three people?

Ciara: he was insane when he did those things...I love the man that he was before he got sick and the man he became after he got better.

She didn't know him right before the crimes. Oh Carolyn Culliton.... I know this is Ron hack job..but pleassseeeee

And all the 227 jabs during the Jackee and Marla scenes...I was waiting for them to say they had relatives named Rose and Pearl.

• Members

Why does EJ know or care about Ben and Ciara getting their "happily ever after"? Does he even know Ben and Ciara?

I did enjoy watching Gabi and Ava trade bitchy barbs at each other, however. TB is so much better when she gets to show that hard edge. 

Edited by prefab1

• Members

I am just repeating what everyone else has said better already at this point, but boy would the story be a lot more acceptable if it wasn't completely and blindly boosted by all corners.

If more characters were ambivalent about it and STILL gave it the stink eye. Even even if Ciara was feeling guilty at times about loving him but "I can't help it". 
Instead it is Ben worshipping and everyone cheering for them and Ciara defending him and it loses any rooting value. It is writing Eve as the *villain*. Etc.
If you are going to go there, make it a shades-of-grey story. Telling us how much we should root for them is just insulting.

• Members

Thank you. This was ridiculous. EJ has zero reason to care about Ciara and Ben, individually or together. There is NO reason why he would care about their reunion. There was no reason for EJ to even mention them. Stupid stupid stupid.

Oh god, we're back to Nicole crying all the time. I cringed when Rafe said "Dukey!!!!"

I actually laughed out loud when Gabi referred to Jake/Kate as Jake "visiting the old folks' home."

I'm enjoying Big Mama Marla Gibbs.

Ha! It's been my signature for years and I've just never bothered changing it. I just remember laughing my ass off when he did that interview because it was the most ridiculous quote ever.

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

SORASed Johnny really hit the ground running today. I'm all for a love quadrangle where Chanel is torn between Allie and her twin brother. And Dan Feuerriegel is really growing on me as EJ; I liked his scenes both with Johnny and with John (whose wordless reaction to EJ's protests was fantastic). 

The only thing I didn't like about the episode is how stupid are Marlena, John, and Allie to believe that those "leave me alone" text messages actually came from Sami. 

• Members

Part of me was hoping for Johnny to be a bad boy, chip off the old block, just like EJ, etc., but this career path/ambition that he has does sound a little interesting.

He and Chanel did seem to have good chemistry as well. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

LOL. It’d far more interesting if we actually got stories of DiMera and Titan in competition but instead all we ever get is lame old “Who is going to run Titan” and “Who is going to run to run DiMera” stories repeated over and over again. Like Spaulding on GL back in the day, I would have long been sold my shares over constant CEO turnover and their complete lack of experience some of them bring to the table.

Please register in order to view this content