Brookside, Crossroads, Take The High Road and General Hospital Will Be Able To Watch On BritBox UK

• Members

While we can't seem to get any of our classic soaps to get the streaming treatment. In The U.K. however the viewers there will be able to see classic episodes of Brookside, Crossroads, Take The High Road and General Hospital (UK Version) on BritBox U.K. this July. 

Crossroads, Brookside and High Road join Britbox soap offering – ATV Today

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Brooke side gets repeated from the beginning on STV Player… 

Even the press reported about it. 

I’m quiet surprised that they are making such a big deal about some repeats. They didn’t so something like this when EasyEnders, Corrie, ED started repeats on Drama Channel.

I think there is something bigger going on

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Members

I loved Brookside and even got the anniversary books and merch like I do from Hollyoaks! Shame that the 20th anniversary book was released and then 1 year later it was cancelled. Otherwise we would’ve had every damn year in that book lol just like Another world’s book is missing the last few months before the cancellation lol

People always say Brookside was the best soap etc. I watched like all 2915 episodes and disagree! It’s one hell of a good show but the best ? Nah. The last few years felt like what Hollyoaks felt from 2017 onwards lol 

I even tried comparing both soaps coz they are from the same guy. 
I came to the conclusion that Hollyoaks is the superior show tbh. But what Brookside did first before Corrie, Oaks is their campy dark and stunt story’s during the final few years like what the UK shows do now. They were ahead of their time. If they would’ve been on today with the stuff from 1998 til 2003 they would win awards and trash the others lol

Lindsey Corkhill was the prettiest and one of

my ultimate favorites but I hated how they turned her into such a action queen with a gun in her hands whenever the story wanted it