2021: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That’s an interfering frame of reference. May I ask you to expand of what (else) you have seen this go around under Josh Griffith that you like?

The general consensus here is that he's not got it right (including the writing for Adam) so I’m open to any perspectives that allow me to think about things more

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

(Sorry for responding like that to the OP. It's your opinion and shouldn't have said it the way i did.)

I just like the way he writes the show, I enjoy the storylines. I like the stuff he has done, i don't find it boring like others do. And when i first started warching the show in 2013 he was the writer. So ig im just used to the show this way. I felt the same way with sally and her 3 week arcs. Lol

And he writes for and brought back my favorite character which is Adam so I'm probably biased.

So yeah that's why i think he's a good writer. Again sorry for acting like that. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/oscar-nominee-directs-bb/

The May 4 episode of B&B was directed by Academy Award nominee Evgeny Afineevsky. Among the Israeli-American director, producer and cinematographer’s claims to fame are the Oscar and Emmy nominations he received for his 2016 documentary Winter on Fire: Ukraine’s Fight for Freedom. In 2020, Afineevsky released the much-talked-about documentary featuring Pope Francis, titled Francesco,. This B&B episode marks Afineevsky’s first directorial effort for the internationally renowned soap.

• Members

Exactly!   Bringing Adam back was sorta good move, but dominating the show with Adam and Sharon, and the b.s. that Griffith wants Sharon & Adam to be a couple,  plus the whole Abby and Chance being parents with surrogate Mariah, sperm donor Devon, but no Chance on the show, the overplaying of several characters and characters like Paul disappearing,, proves he is NOT a good writer at all, and should be fired.  Agreed Paul Raven!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Hey, sometimes these interviews are good in spite of him (especially with folks like Susan Pratt who will *not* be shushed, talked over, or shamed into silence). Nancy is a hero who I haven’t seen a lot of footage of, so I think I’ll actually tune in for this one.