• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Marguerite and Veronica each had their strengths, but all things considered, I wish the show had stuck with Marguerite.

This obit mentions Marguerite's debut on YR as 1980. But all evidence indicates her debut was April-ish '82 when the Abbott home set was introduced and Jerry Douglas came on. Does anyone know if Mamie actually made some earlier appearances?

Edited by yrfan1983

• Members

Marguerite Ray was the first actress that I saw in the role of Mamie as a young girl and I never forgot her. This is no slight to Veronica Redd who managed to make the role her own but Ray left an indelible mark with very little to "do" as a character. I've always wondered how she was doing, as I hadn't heard much of anything about her in recent years. R.I.P. Ms. Ray.

• Members

Around April 1st or 2nd 1982 was her debut. If Mamie appeared before that, she was most likely played by someone else, but pretty sure Mamie was not introduced until 1982.

RIP to Marguerite. I really liked her as Mamie, her strength and warmth. I couldn't understand why they replaced her. I think she had one episode with Victoria Rowell's Drucilla and then Veronica came on

Edited by will81