GH Recasts Lucas Jones

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ryan did Well But serious some are acting like He was always Lucas. Lucas has been recast numerous times. Just hope he has story

Being Honest Outside of THe Baby Switch, Ryan Carnes did very little as Lucas. He was either absent from stuff Like The Nelle/Michael Custody suit or in a Coma Due to Ryan being busy. In Fact During his first stint in 2004-05, He was only on screen from July-Sept 04 and  in August 05

The Lucas that got the most story before this was Ben Hoygsten with Lucas' coming out and dating that guy, named Guy and Tony Dying

Im open to the recast. I just hope they actually utilize Lucas now

• Members

Because like I said, recast or not, Lucas is legacy. Even when he is not being written well (like the mentioned baby switch and its aftermath), yeah, people are going to be bugged because of this fact. 

Because of that, the way they went about recast...no announcement, reason, etc...is probably why people are feeling a kinda way. Heck, he did not even get an 'on air' announcement...and we know how jarring THAT can be for soap fans...especially the ones NOT online. 

I read the SOD Novemeber Sweeps information for GH and I suspected given what it said about Britt that Brad was on his way back. I also think that...along with a recast and WdR leaving...mean that Julian's days are sooo numbered cuz his role in the baby switch is coming out.

Hmmm...I find them both attractive. lol.

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

Bummer.  I like Ryan Carnes a lot.  But I also really, really like CJ Thomason.  Ben Hogestyn was my least favorite.

Anyway, Lucas is a huge missed opportunity.  So disappointing.  Considering he's connected to pets Carly and Sam, I'm surprised they don't use him more for those reasons alone.  I'd love to see him featured the way Lulu, Maxie, and now Brooke Lynn are.

• Members

I think Thomason and Hogestyn were both good, they just got virtually no chance to do anything on the show. CJ Thomason was excellent on the CBS slasher miniseries Harper's Island a few years later. That said, Carnes made the role his in the last decade by returning as a much more seasoned actor, and the way the show has consistently treated Lucas is shameful. I don't have any interest in Frank's latest [!@#$%^&*]-you move.

The show is in Last-5-Years-of-ATWT mode; it's a zombie soap with little life to it. It's either a constant wretched mess or dreadfully boring, and all he cares about is keeping it on life support and keeping it under his control. I'm sorry, I'm still not interested in those two anonymous white chicks I can't tell apart or Valentin or Wes Ramsey or the boring girl playing Joss who he's tried SO hard to make into Starr Manning, or any number of a dozen other things. I'm not interested in them doing nothing for characters of color or LGBT characters while expecting people to still watch all of Frank's favorites and the now suddenly very old Steve Burton and Kelly Monaco in 2020.

The show still has such potential and it's just consistently bad. That will never change unless Frank is unseated or it's put on streaming, and neither of those things are going to happen any time soon. I love GH but I don't pretend it's watchable when it's just plain bad and has been for many years just so I can say it's still on TV. I don't need it to exist.

Edited by Vee