Bradley Bell reveals that dolls will get their own story on Bold

• Members

To be fair, Brad Bell has been getting international headlines for his show. I can’t knock his hustle. He’s at least TRYING to drum up interest. What is Y&R or CBS doing? Nothing. The show has no promo and is down a million viewers. I’m no Brad Bell fan, but at least he is trying. 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Lets raise the bar a little higher than that. It can't be "well at least Brad is trying" when trying is gimmicky embarrassing nonsense like sex dolls and dolls as characters. 

Yes Y&R could and should be doing more however if them doing more is stooping to EB doing interviews about dry humping mannequins than they can just cancel soaps. Its not worth it.

I am under no illusion that soaps will ever be what they once were but they can and should be better than they are now. I'm never going to be of the opinion that its better to have them on while they're embarrassing and awful than not on at all. I would have much preferred GL get cancelled in 2007 and go out with a shred of dignity over what it became when it moved to Peapeck.

Edited by Vizion

• Members

@Vizion I 100% agree that soaps can and should be better, but that isn’t something I see happening. The storylines are less progressive than even the 60s when you compare to other soaps. These shows give the most generic and tepid stories with no stakes. They’re running on fumes so with that in mind I do appreciate what Brad Bell is doing. 

• Members

I had to click in to read this.  Sounds like a very DAYS story that I read about.  This better be a joke because if not this show is done.  He’s not bringing in new viewers and the audience for B&B has skewed older since the beginning and they’re not going to watch that mess