B&B Actor Back on Contract

• Members

https://daytimeconfidential.com/2020/07/30/lawrence-saint-victor-back-on-contract-at-bold-and-beautiful?fbclid=IwAR21nNiMdw4PTzqb57OTSN7fKGSPM0hTFDvK1JCqP197AbHgg1DzmLcwPRc

Finally! I hope this means an actual long-term storyline is in the works for Carter (and not some crappy 2 month blip about texting while driving... Hi Marcus!) 

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

They already did that for Aaron, but he never received a story after going in contract. Due to the Black Lives Matter push I expect them to give Carter a lackluster pairing with Zoe to say they’re trying, but nobody wants to see that. Carter is long overdue to be paired with Brooke or Katie, But they won’t do that because he’s not considered a valuable character. 

• Members

fadajyidkk my gullible ass didn't even realize this (and Zende's return) is only because of BLM. I hate Bell.

I know Aaron D. Spears goes off and on contract a lot but I couldn't remember where he is now

Please register in order to view this content

Carter should be Steffy's new love. I don't feel there was a need for a generic looking white man addition to the cast at all.

Edited by Markjeh

• Members

Is LSV still a regular writer on B&B?

Unfortunately, we know how well Brad's 'social' fancies turn out. Catering/pandering is disastrous for him - Myron, Brooke's 3-week alcoholism. 

It's too bad that it takes BLM for Brad to wake-up to the fact that characters like Justin, Carter, Nicole and Maya (let's just pretend Myron didn't happen) easily work on the show. There's no need to trot them out for a statement - just write stories for them. 

• Members

I've often thought a fling between him and Brooke...older woman/hot younger man...would be a hit and would shake things up at least. I remember one random episode where Carter made a point of saying that Brooke was beautiful, and I wondered if they were thinking of going there.

I agree that just pairing him with a lackluster character is not going to do much good, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

• Members

Exactly. Put him with the HBIC, whether it be the OG (Brooke) or the new generation (Steffy). If they're really committed to writing for him, they'll pair him with an A-list character, not a C-list one who could easily be written off tomorrow. We've seen B&B do this crap time and time again. 

• Members

Katie, Steffy and Brooke are all perfectly positioned story wise for a new romance and I agree, putting Carter with one of them would make sense. He has chemistry with all three and it’s not a story we’ve seen over and over again. The only reason a man that good looking hasn’t been paired with any of them is because he’s black. They don’t want to waste a valuable female character on a black guy they don’t want to feature.