Two Questions in One Querry - Singing & The Olympics

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Gloria Loring sang a good bit on Days. The clip's long gone off YouTube, but one of the best scenes ever was the death of Tod Chandler and the news spreading via phone calls to everyone in different locations. You never heard the calls, but the characters were silently on the phone as Loring sang Here, There and Everywhere.

At the same time that everybody else had a rock and roll singer, Days tried to make one out of Bo Brady. Thankfully that didn't last long.

• Members

I think this is unique to Y&R, probably because the theme had already become so well-known outside of daytime by this point.

OLTL and AW had their respective themes performed on-air (within the storyline) by the real-life recording artists.

I feel like the answer is no, but did Loving ever have Johnny Mathis or Jeffrey Osborne on?

• Members

I'm a sucker for a good old fashioned "everybody in town's out for dinner and listening to a song related to their present circumstances" scene. Off the top of my head, KNOTS LANDING did it best. Karen Fairgate is having a moment, you all.