RIP: In Memoriam Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Raquel Welch was one of the most stunning women ever in front of a camera, putting the dream in the dream factory. She was also incredibly striking in her charisma and mere presence. She was a movie star to her bones, even if she never really fit in, due to her personality and Hollywood's general inability to figure out what to do with women who want something different.

She made some very interesting films in the '70s, a number of which became cult classics or inspired later directors (Hannie Caulder, Last of Sheila, among others); in many ways her career path resembles Sharon Stone's. She also kept herself out there for decades after what could have been a brief burst of fame, without ever leaning too far into self-parody status.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Seems odd to say, "Gone too soon" at 82, but that's precisely how I feel. I really thought she'd live past 100. She looked so good in that interview she did with Piers Morgan, I didn't realize that was nearly eight years ago. My head is flooded with memories right now, can't quite put it all into words. May she rest in peace.

• Members

Raquel Welch had largely retreated from public gaze the last five years or so, but what a stunning woman with a boatload of charisma. Her staying power, despite several career implosions, was impressive and spoke to a very strong character. May she rest in peace.

Please register in order to view this content