RIP: In Memoriam Thread

• Members

We've lost another former child star. What's so weird to me about this is that recently, out of nowhere, the thought came to me that John Astin would be the last survivor of The Addams Family, even though he's in his 90s. I knew nothing about her health problems.

R.I.P. Lisa Loring

https://deadline.com/2023/01/lisa-loring-dead-actor-original-wednesday-addams-1235243958/

Lisa Loring

Edited by applcin

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Michael, and a few of the later cast members (Leslie Easterbrook, Ed Marinaro). 

I have so many childhood memories of watching Laverne and Shirley repeats that aired in the mornings. I don't want to just associate her with that when she had other known roles and what might have been moments (she was almost cast as Princess Leia), but Shirley Feeney is just such an indomitable sitcom character.

• Members

My greatest memory of Cindy Williams is as the mysterious young woman at the center of the mystery in Francis Ford Coppola's brilliant surveillance thriller The Conversation. I never forgot that, but I also remember her from a lot of TV. RIP.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Carole Ita White, as well, but I always feel like she was in a lot less episodes than I remember her being in.

Cindy’s passing is really hitting a somber note for me because you just can’t think of Laverne and Shirley as anything but young, energetic, bright-eyed, ambitious, carefree, etc. It’s hard to accept both she and Penny as gone. Then, I’m reminded that it’ll soon be 20 years since John Ritter left us. Late 70s ABC was built on youth and vitality, and we’ve now had to say goodbye to Jack Tripper, Laverne and Shirley, and Charlie’s most popular Angel.

• Members

Melinda was one of those underappreciated talents of the '70s and early '80s, although she did keep on working. I can't imagine A Christmas Story working without her. I remember Pauline Kael raving about her in Absence of Malice, even as she disliked the rest of the film.