ABC News executive on leave for allegations of racist remarks

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I always wondered why she just seemed to vanish from GMA one day and then suddenly she was on Dr. Oz. I liked her a lot. I should know by now when women vanish it's because of backstage politics and racism.

I wouldn't say she came to her defense. Whoopi always takes that stance of "due process investigation" likely due to her being accused of things she didn't do. I didn't see it as a defense of her at all. Did she say other things elsewhere off of The View that I missed?

Whoopi also isn't going to bash someone higher up than she is without knowing the actual facts and the truth. Instant outrage is what everyone wants and Whoopi doesn't give that. Maybe she should but that doesn't seem to be her.

Fedida's comments were disgusting, and she should have been fired on the spot. I'd have loved to see Whoopi go off but I understand why she took the stance she did, she always does.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I just didn’t love the comment from Whoopi that she didn’t believe Fedida “had it in her” to say those things. She didn’t have to excoriate her or rush to judgment. Totally behind the comment about an investigation. But Whoopi can sometimes be an apologist for powerful people. The Roman Polanski “rape rape” comment comes to mind.

• Members

Good points. I agree she can be an apologist. She seems to hesitate making waves, probably for a variety of reasons. And yeah, the "didn't have it in her" rubbed me wrong too so I see where you were coming from, she should have known better than to say that.