Stacy Haiduk Departing ‘Days of our Lives,’ Eric Martsolf Previews Kristen DiMera’s Exit

• Webmaster
Stacy Haiduk, Days of our Lives, Kristen DiMera

Stacy Haiduk‘s run as Kristen DiMera on “Days of our Lives” is closing another chapter next week when the character departs Salem.

According to Soap Opera Digest, which first reported the news in its magazine, on newsstands now, Kristen is set to flee town with hers and Brady’s (Eric Martsolf) daughter, Rachel. This after Kristen made the brazen decision to stab Victor Kiriakis (John Aniston) after learning of his involvement in keeping Rachel from her real parents after all this time. Previously, Sarah (Linsey Godfrey) was raising the baby with Xander (Paul Telfer) not knowing her daughter with Eric (Greg Vaughan), Mackenzie, actually died after the car crash caused by Maggie (Suzanne Rogers). Xander switched the babies, leading Kristen and Brady to believe their daughter had died at birth. Baby switch storylines…

“[We] were working toward this reunion between our characters and their daughter,” previews Martsolf in an interview with Digest. “We thought this was going to be the banana split sundae that we were finally going to be able to enjoy. But, sure enough, because of what Kristen has done to Victor, she can’t return to Salem.”

Eric Martsolf, Stacy Haiduk, Days of our Lives
DFree/Shutterstock

Speaking of his co-star’s departure, Martsolf says it’s not goodbye, but “Aloha.” He notes, “I never say goodbye to anybody. I always say, ‘Aloha,’ because we’re always destined to meet again. So it’s, ‘Until we meet again.’ Ron [Carlivati, head writer] loves that revolving door. So our goodbyes…we take them with a grain of salt.” As he should since Haiduk has something to say about her reported exit as well.

In a post on her Instagram on Thursday, Haiduk notes, “Let’s not write Kristen Dimera off quite yet! Is anyone really gone in Salem. After all I am the Phoenix!” She adds, “This heartfelt journey of Kristen, Brady and baby Rachel has been so amazing! These two characters have worked so hard this past year to be together! From the pages of the writers to us actors, I am truly blessed and grateful to all you fans who came on this journey! I love your support and your enthusiasm! Thank you so much!!”

Make sure to tune into “Days of our Lives” all next week to find out how the story unfolds, including Sarah and Kristen coming face-to-face and what impact Brady’s decision will have on the entire canvas. You won’t want to miss out.

The post Stacy Haiduk Departing ‘Days of our Lives,’ Eric Martsolf Previews Kristen DiMera’s Exit appeared first on Soap Opera Network.

Read More

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic