B&B March 2020 Discussion Thread

• Members

I could not get into Friday's episode. Katie has slept with Bridget's husband. Brooke had a baby by Bridget's husband. Quinn almost cheated on Eric with Ridge. Ridge and Brooke have cheated on each other many times. Eric and Ridge have shared several women, including Donna. Steffy is a single mom now because she cheated with Bill. Bill has cheated on Katie with Brooke before. Ridge has been kissing Shauna. And I'm supposed to believe that they're all shocked, just shocked, that Brooke and Bill kissed one time. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I used to love to hate her but now I just can't. The intense focus on her through the years is what caused me to quit. I don't think the character works as a lead, or as the type of heroine Brad Bell tries to write her as. She worked better when she had characters like Caroline, Taylor or Stephanie on the canvas - it wasn't just every story for everyone over 40 revolving around who Brooke is screwing. I don't buy this "turning her into Stephanie" thing. KKL seems nice but she doesn't have the chops for it. 

I enjoy Rena as Quinn from the little I have seen of her but the only time they give her any focus is when they want a foe for Brooke

Edited by Vizion

• Members

I turn in for maybe a minute or two a week, but this is exactly what I have hated and why I stopped watching regularly.  And don't forget Liam and Sally thought they would die under the rubble and admitted they kissed and Steffy threw a fit.  Wyatt and someone kissed and that ended a relationship - can't even recall now because the whole show is so incestuous.    Or maybe it was hope.  One kiss on this show and marriages are over and the annulment happens and they're married the next week.  And I had tired of Brooke. 

• Members

@Fevuh So much repeating drama over a KISS - Steffy/Liam, Ridge/Shauna and Brill - all in a few months. It's so weird.

Quinn's rants about Brooke plowing through the entire Forrester family represents how the audience feels about Brooke. Honestly, Brooke is supposed to be highly intelligent (Belief) and they've rarely tapped that aspect of her character - instead it's Brooke's Bedroom, following (opening) her heart in illogical ways, etc.

In many ways, Brooke and Sharon (Y&R) are characters that have been trashed up by nearly every writing regime, but have survived only because of KKL and SC's hard work.  Both characters should have been played out and forgotten 15 years ago (at least). 

• 2 weeks later...