Y&R October 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

But MS has said no such thing, unlike SC who DID say it bout PB in 08 and who just said it bout her preference for Sharon/Adam rather than Sharon/Rey

Anywho, of course PB and MS have shared scenes, some tomorrow too, watch the scenes!

But I doo agree the writing fof Phyllis sucks!

Bye Daniel Goddard!

• Members

With Y&R's issues with developing/writing great 20-something characters and casting them well, Nick & Sharon being trapped in those storylines will not change.  To move them out of that, the show would first have to be able to replace them with something equally as good or better that can carry story....

Edited by YRBB

• Members

This Theo stuff is AWFUL and UNNECESSARY.  And OMG what the hell are they writing for Phyllis? Phyllis on Adam couch begging to be accepted, and then ripping up the cheque? So much awfulness and Stafford once again did not deliver. I wonder if she regrets coming back, because it looks like the cast has moved on from MS Phyllis, even from the scene interactions.

• Members

Frankly, I think SC could handle the transition toward meatier, more age-appropriate material.  She's no Beverlee McKinsey, but under the right circumstances, she could hold her own.

It's JM who's the real issue.  Five years from now, if/when Y&R is still on the air, we'll STILL be watching his Nick hump twenty-somethings on barroom floors, because the frat boy just isn't mature enough to handle anything more substantive.

• Members

That too.

SC could, without a doubt, handle her own. She's been doing so with really crappy material for 15 years.

JM could even rise to the occasion if he wasn't lazy.

But the problem with creating good 20 year old characters and writing them well remains.