Angelica McDaniel OUT! (CBS Daytime)

• Members

lmao, the show was in the pooper looooooooooooooooooong before the Rosales came on the scene. One name: Adam Newman. But tbh, it started on a downward spiral when they killed John Abbott, just to have some stupid ghost dad story... 

i'm still baffle they haven't REALLY attempted to recast Mackenzie. I always thought they should have left Phyllis in a coma, and cast GT as Mac. The way the Chancellor legacy on the show basically consists of their maid and her kin... a damn mess. 

Edited by dio

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Webmaster

I actually see "The Talk" going before either "B&B" or "Y&R," honestly since that show was McDaniel's baby, ratings are WAY down and its creator, Sara Gilbert, is no longer at the helm on the day-to-day.

I am sad that CBS Daytime as a division is no more, but in today's television climate it makes sense. If the CBS Daytime branding goes, which I don't expect it to, it won't be too much of a bad thing considering where we are in the entertainment world compared to 15 years ago (or whenever it was) when NBC got rid of NBC Daytime and five years ago when ABC got rid of ABC Daytime.

Just my 2 cents...

• Members

+1

It's the end of an era. And for that, it's bitter. But programming and viewing habits are so different now. I mean, my favorite show, Star Trek: Discovery, was never, nor was it designed to be, regular programming on the small screen. 10 years ago, I wouldn't have ever thought that possible. 

• Members

it's not hate, per se.But the way story is constantly revolving around him and his stupid angst is like... get over it already! He still hasn't paid for killing Ashley+Vic's baby and having her run around with a dead baby in her stomach for weeks. They are constantly trying to push this "sympathy for the devil" narrative and it's like zZZZZ at this point. 

• Members

I never liked the idea of turning a legacy character into the shows main antagonist for story after story. It changed the way stories on Y&R were created. Newman versus Newman never left much story or airtime for anyone else. 

I don't expect Jason Thompson to last very long. I got the impression than Angelica was his champion